• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.62cal Ballistics Tables ??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was not expecting that kind of change, either, but got it and more with one gun. I had the same experience with my lubed patches that you are describing too. Talk about a shocked puppy! I repeated the shots, and even tested the chronograph with another gun just to be sure it wasn't something mechanical with my chronograph. It wasn't. I am actually planning to take that gun out again with the idea of lowering my load by 5 to 10 grains to bring the POI back down to where it was before I used the OP wad. Otherwise, I need to get a new front sight, and file it down again to meet this new, higher POI.

roundball said:
windwalker_au said:
bill rememberd seeing these loads in an old book i have, test on a custom hawken was a .62 cal 32" barrel 1in72 twist depth of grove .011, the first load was 90grn ff goex .018 patch and a 322grn.600 rb mv of 1375fps me1352 ft.lbs .second load 110 grn ffgoex .018 patch 322grn.600 rb mv1495fps me1598ft.lbs there where no 100yard ballistics.hope this is some help.
bernie :thumbsup:
Yes, a big help...the details help zero right in...my .62cal rifle is a 1" x 33" with .012" x 1:72" rifling, and for my medium sized 150lb deer in thick woods, I simply decided on a mid range powder charge of 100grns Goex 2F, .018" pillow ticking, and a .600/325grn ball.

With such an almost identical rifle configuration & components, a rough guess-timate for me should be around 1435fps/mv.

If I had the book & author's exact name, I'd like to search for a copy somewhere...great info, thanks for sharing!

:hatsoff:
bill the book has no cover it is one of those gun digest mags circa around 1975 it just had those two loads in the artical i cant even read the author's name any more,your guess-timate of 1435 fps would be quite close that would give a me of
1486 ft.lbs that will nock them of there feet lol.
bernie :thumbsup:

Back