• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED 50/54/58 caliber flintlock long rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oblaze

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for the above mentioned 50/54/58 flintlock long rifle. I'm open to any offers of the flintlock variety.

Thanks for reading.

Price range?
Depends on the gun of course, but $1000 is my upper limit. I'm looking for something "nice" but affordable as my first flintlock whitetail gun. Of course, something one wouldn't mind taking out in the woods.

I know, realistically I need to pick two from nice, affordable and new, I would just like to see what is out there.

All feel free to PM or reply.

Last edited:
Kibler long rifles call and ask bree what they might have at a discount you wont be sorry

All of their discount stock online is well over $1k. I've been looking at them and actually have a filled cart on their website, it's just difficult to spend that amount.

I wouldn't mind a used Kibler. Someone posted one he built for $1k last week and we were about to seal the deal when his father decided he wanted them.

Does Kibler have discount stock they don't list online? I might give them a call.

Hello,

I'm looking for the above mentioned 50/54/58 flintlock long rifle. I'm open to any offers of the flintlock variety.

Thanks for reading.
I have three up right now that fit your wants, needs, desires, and expanded price range. A .50 SMR, a .50 Lancaster, and a .54 New England rifle. Can make a better deal on any of the three.

Every and Any flintlock rifle whether commercial made, a kit or mass produced are $1000 per rifle. Even Pedersoli rifles are over $1000 and they are mass produced. If $1000 is your upper limit, you best add a few more dollars to get something affordable. Muzzleloading is no longer a poor mans game. Your belt knife and tomahawk run from $250 to $450 for a custom made piece if you avoid all the trash made is china and pakistan. Every piece of clothing you want to wear STARTS at $100 per piece. The best way to save money if you want to play in the reindeer games is to make many things yourself.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Hello,

Thanks for reading.
I hate to burst your bubble,
But the parts for a decent muzzleloader will far exceed $1000,
Your only hope is an old clunker CVA klatch lock.
You may even find an east India, or Pakistan smooth bore.
Good luck on your search!

I hate to burst your bubble,
But the parts for a decent muzzleloader will far exceed $1000,
Your only hope is an old clunker CVA klatch lock.
You may even find an east India, or Pakistan smooth bore.
Good luck on your search!
There are several really nice custom flinters in his price range on this very site, but he's not interested at the advertised price.

Wounded to the quick! Lol 😆
Why bother posting at all? I'm asking an honest question to understand why anyone would spend considerable money on something they don't totally want.

We have discussed a few of your rifles and haven't reached an accord. Is this why you feel the need to post off topic comments here?

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
The last rifle I built I had the parts sitting around since the late 80s but if I had to buy them new they would have cost a little over $1,000. Then you add 200 hours to build it and that's what you are looking at these days.

A bargain basement kit from Kibler with some stock blemishes should put you around $1,000 or a little over and you'd have something that looked nice and worked.

The last rifle I built I had the parts sitting around since the late 80s but if I had to buy them new they would have cost a little over $1,000. Then you add 200 hours to build it and that's what you are looking at these days.

A bargain basement kit from Kibler with some stock blemishes should put you around $1,000 or a little over and you'd have something that looked nice and worked.
Thanks for the advice, that's about where I'm arriving at as I'm dipping my toes into the hobby.

We're all just ribbing you. But honestly, if you are just "dipping (your) toes into this hobby" to hunt and knock about in the woods,I would suggest a starter flintlock. As Tina Turner sang, "What's love got to do with it?" Just do the dirty with a cheap date to see if you like it, then look for true love. Good luck in your search.

Back