• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

40 Caliber Flintlock Ohio Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You link just takes you to a news letter from the gun works.

I recently purchased a barrel from them. I called them up. The fella was on the phone was very friendly. They got my bbl shipped out pronto and sent me a free (large) printed catalog. Great folks to do business with!

Sorry about the link. There website seems to go to home page regardless of what page you copy link from. It is the Ohio Rifle number 3. In custom guns section.

Here is a screenshot
6A9E4D15-25BF-4123-9630-D1E5E210ACAE.png

I ordered pistols from them and was happy with the quality of workmanship.

Don't forget to ask about delivery time.

The parts pedigree is sound and the price not unreasonable.
Kinda what I thought as well. I have so many other time consuming hobbies and work stuff. Do not have time to build a kit. This one is the closest to what I consider my ideal in a finished rifles, in the price range I am willing to pay.

Looks like a fun little rifle. Almost like a baby Leman(in a good way). Not sure of historicity, but who cares if it is an authentic-ish rifle that is made well of quality parts.

I am a fan of the 40 and use it for late season squirrels, and coyote hunting. Also makes for a cost effective practice/target rifle.
I find the ball diameter easier to handle when loading patched RB’s compared to the smaller 36 and 32 caliber LRB’s. Im always fumbling with them. While recoil is less then the 45cal, it’s quite accurate with range and trajectory not much different. It makes for a light sweet rifle.
913BE669-B189-4208-9607-ED7734839E0C.jpeg0E714A41-0F64-47F9-A0DB-C21BE01EAF93.jpeg2FE1DDDF-A08C-49E0-AA7E-7EE40AB2053C.jpeg

Last edited:
I am a fan of the 40 and use it for late season squirrels, and season coyote hunting. Also makes for a cost effective practice/target rifle.
I find the ball diameter easier to handle when loading patched RB’s compared to the smaller 36 and 32 caliber LRB’s. Im always fumbling with them. While recoil is less then the 45cal, it’s quite accurate with range and trajectory not much different. It makes for a light sweet rifle.
View attachment 120682View attachment 120683View attachment 120684
That is very nice! Thanks for your thoughts.

Back