• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Thompson Center Seneca 36 Caliber w/ documented Douglas Barrel - Possible Trades Added

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have the below listed TC 36 caliber Seneca for sale. It is in great condition w/ just a little bluing loss on the barrel which I tried to show in the photos. It has the synthetic ram rod and a LPA match type rear sight has been added. No extra holes were drilled. I do have the original TC Seneca sights if you would prefer them. This rifle is extremely accurate w/ a .350 ball, .020 patch and 45 grains of Swiss 3F. It comes with a Tresco Ampco nipple, but I also have two 12-28 Platinum lined nipples (brand new) that I had custom built by the man who builds the Platinum lined nipples for Buffalo Arms. The two Platinum lined nipples can be purchased separately for $100 (for both) if you buy the rifle - they usually sell for $60 each. Sorry, I don't want to sell the nipples separately.

I am asking a firm $700 for the rifle. I require full value insurance when I ship, and I ship USPS Priority Mail. The shipping/insurance cost is high and there is nothing I can do about that. Shipping will be $75 east of the big river and $95 west of the river.

I take USPS Money Orders as payment or I can take a credit/debit card by phone with the 3.5% added fee they charge me.

Please ask if you have any questions or need additional pictures or information.

As far as possible trades, My preference is a Thompson Center Flintlock in 36, 40, 45, 50 or 54 caliber. The rifle and especially the barrel must be in great shape - no pitted/frosted bores and no QLA barrels. My preference would be a Pennsylvania Hunter, followed by a Renegade. Thanks for looking.

IMG_1099.JPG
IMG_1100.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG
IMG_1102.JPG
IMG_1103.JPG

Last edited:
More pictures. The letter in the bottom picture was found on a collectors sight and I do not know who the author was, but I have found it to be factual. This rifle's S/N places it well below the cut off for Douglas Manf. barrels. Internet lore concerning the stamps on the bottom of the barrels of TC's have proven to be incorrect.

IMG_1104.JPG
IMG_1106.JPG
IMG_1107.JPG
IMG_1108.JPG
IMG_1109.JPG
IMG_1110.JPG
IMG_1111.JPG

The final pictures, which includes a picture of the Platinum lined nipples that are available separately to the purchaser of the rifle.

IMG_1120.JPG
IMG_1121.JPG
IMG_1122.JPG
IMG_1123.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1124.JPG
    IMG_1124.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back