• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

#4 buck in the trade gun.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got me a buck today with the trade gun and #4 buck shot!

I fancied trying something different. Just me and a flintlock, no modern gadgets, just a face cover.
I also wanted to try #4 buck in the trade gun.
Worked out well.
IMG_20240324_151159.jpg
IMG_20240324_151525.jpg
i removed two pellets.
One looked pretty good after it's ordeal but the other was misshaped , probably at the back of the party but nether the less, made it to the target.
IMG_20240324_152207.jpg

About 30 pieces of shot and I think 70 gns of fine dust like powder.
I had to do the math...#4 buckshot weighs right at 20 grains per. That figures into 600 grains, or approximately 1.4 oz.
I'm glad the buck didn't charge, or circle into the tall grass to lay in wait for you!
😂

I had to do the math...#4 buckshot weighs right at 20 grains per. That figures into 600 grains, or approximately 1.4 oz.
I'm glad the buck didn't charge, or circle into the tall grass to lay in wait for you!
😂
Actually the buck did charge. I made a load of noise, relatively, it sprang out of cover to see what was happening. They are territorial at the moment. Possibly thought another buck was chasing a doe or something.

I think no.4 buckshot is what we in Australia call AAA. I've used it before,and it worked quite well,although I didn't try from further than 20m

Back