• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.30 cal. at 100 yds.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nhmoose said:
How many here has actually competed at 300 yards in an ML match?

Ft Ty had a 300 yard match for BR, my 50 cal Shannon UH with a FM GM barrel and Redfield match sights did not have enough elevation for it. I had to place a sighter target above the record target and figure it in from there.
The big bench bullet guns ruled that match not a RB gun caliber disregard RB ain't able for that.
Interpretation - Fort Ty had a 300 yard Bench Rest Match for Black Powder muzzle loaders. NHMoose shot in the match using his 50 caliber Shannon Under Hammer with a Full Match Greene Mountain Barrel. Shooting a patched round ball, his rifle sights did not have enough elevation to stay on target, so he put a sighter target higher up so he could lob the shots into the actual target.

He said the big bench guns ruled the day shooting conicals of one sort or another. He also says to forget even trying to compete in that discipline using a Patched Round ball, you are never going to be competitive.

I wrote this VVVVEEEERRRRYYYY SLOOOOWWWWLLLLY cause I know somes of u can't read real fast. :haha: :haha:

Back