• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2nd squirrel hunt of year

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrevorAaron

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello,
Me and my dad went squirrel hunting this moring at my uncles house. there are about 50 acres of woods there. Dad used my old single shot .410 and i used my centermark flintlock fowler. Most of the shots were in the 20 to 30 yrd range. We hunted for about 4 hours. and saw a total of 10 squirrels.Here are some pics.I got 2 and Dad got 2.

both2.jpg

flint1.jpg

me1.jpg

me2.jpg

fence.jpg

You guys keep posting this stuff and showing off your pictures knowing that I have to wait until mid October. Just rubbing it in ain't ya.

Making memories with Dad. What a wonderful thing to do. They'll last you a lifetime. Keep up the good work. They're memories for Dad too, that I'm sure that he will cherish. Good shooting and stay safe.

Vern

Great story and nice combo of guns. I got a .50 TC Hawkens and .45-70 H&R Handi Rifle. I like them both, I surely do.

You gotta love tree rat season....We have been here for exactly a month, and my son(20) and I went squirrel hunting/exploring today. For Five Hours!!! Covered the whole mountain side and three hollars..basically just hiking and being buddies....still managed to kill 5 grey squirrels...this place is crawling with them!!!!!!

Back