• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1795 Springfield

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rt6425

32 Cal
Reaction score
I want to make a 1795 Springfield musket as my first muzzleloader. Are there any kits for it? I know the rifle shoppe sells one, but I haven’t been able to talk to someone there

I want to make a 1795 Springfield musket as my first muzzleloader. Are there any kits for it? I know the rifle shoppe sells one, but I haven’t been able to talk to someone there
I recently bought a Pedersoli 1795 kit through MidwayUSA. It came assembled and shootable. About all that needs to be done is polish the barrel bands and do some shaping of the butt. The lock sparks well. The tiny details seem correct. Unless you just want to do a scratch build there's no need to deal with TRS.

I did check Dixie for a 1795, completed or kit, but they were out of stock. Midway seems to have a great deal of ML stuff. It may become the big player in the game.

I considered an Indian-made version, but decided not to deal with quality and authenticity issues. Also I'm an old Grunt, Infantry for 28 years, and wanted a 1795 I could with pride show to others of my ilk. A Hindu musket just wouldn't cut it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did go with the pedersoli kit. I have a question in regards to its ammunition. It says it’s a 69 caliber, but my understanding is you use a smaller ball for it. What size are people using? I’d like to also make a musket ball mold for it so if anyone has a good reference to making one, I’d appreciate it

.... It says it’s a 69 caliber, but my understanding is you use a smaller ball for it. What size are people using? I’d like to also make a musket ball mold for it so if anyone has a good reference to making one, I’d appreciate it
I remember that duelist1954 has a YouTube video on shooting his 1795 and he mentions using a smaller ball. You could probably look for that as one reference. The Pedersoli powder loads manual says 0.675 ball and 0.007 patch.

Back