• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

12 ga Pedersoli double balls?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petew

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I am in the process of dealing a Pedersoli 12 double barrel with cyl and mod chokes. Thinking ahead of time, what size ball does a 12 ga take. I like the idea of shot for ruffies in the mod barrel and a round ball in the cylinder barrel for a deer/etc. Any sugestions for the deer load? patch ball? slug? This is new territory for me.
Pete

more information is need to answer your question. The older Pedersoli's dbl. have a tighter bore then the newer ones. measure the bore first then get a ball that is .05 to .10 under sized use the heaviest patch that fits. a felt wad under the patched ball is a good idea. in testing you find out if your gun is in favor of this plan you have. it might not be. i have one that works well with ball and the lee slug in a plastic wad.

And remember that if you're going to want to shoot ball out of both barrels, you want a ball small enough to load through the choke, with patch if you're doing it that way, and likely over wads in either barrel for a seal.

Regards,
Joel

My pedersoli's all use a .690 ball.
My double's left barrel is the ball barrel and shoots a patched ball on top of a fiber wad and 70grn charge. Lube with olive oil and candle wax.

Brits.

Back