• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

# 10 Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FYI I see cabelas web site now has "limited supply" of #10 caps (and 11 as wll), I broke down and bought some. $9.00 a tin with freight and haz mat.

What they do with that $20.00 haz mat fee? My boxes are just boxes. Should we assume the label costs $20.00? And $12.00 freight for a box the size of 2 decks of cards? I think that's why the stopped selling in stores....look at the money in shipping, 40% of the cost of the product! :shocked2:

Been very lucky around here. A local gun shop had been selling #11 Remingtons for $7.95 and of coarse no hazmat. Even Wally World in our area had Winchesters last fall for about the same price. I thought that was high. :idunno: I have a Cabelas within about 30 miles. Don't go there often. You pay a price for shopping in those fancy stores or on-line.
Take care,
Ed

We have one shop and they have only # 11 and charged $9.00 so dont know if they getting a better deal or selling at cost! They did advise they are getting totally out of BP supplies due to no demand though :(

The price of percussion caps is a complete rip-off. They shouldn't cost more than ~$4.50/tin.

The distributors and the dealers should be wearing masks.

Several years ago a gun shop was selling out and I bought all the #11 caps they had (2,200) at $2.25 a tin great bargain but they are all gone and I go into sticker shock when I buy them now.

Yeah I have done the same thing. The Gander Mountain near me has one or the other never both. Both sizes are Remington and are now $6.95 a tin. They are so hard to find I hate to gripe to much.

Geo. T.

I kept getting pitched a shut out every time I went to the local sporting goods store for caps. They had craploads of inline primers but never caps. I finally broke down and bought 1000 on line and bit the bullet (sorry) on the $20.00 hazmat fee. I don't expect to buy caps for a long time as I don't get to shoot as much anymore.
One note on that shipping. I had to go to the not-so local shipping office and show ID and sign in person for them. I don't recall why but it was a real PIA to do so during mon-fri business hours.

I have been using my home made Tap A Cap caps for a while now. I pepper the inside of the hull with a little holy black and use two toy caps. They fit my revolver nipples well and shoot like normal caps.

It is a tool you can use to make caps out of soda cans. you charge them with toy caps and in my case i put a little black powder under the toy caps. They don't make them any more you can find them on ebay once in a while for big money. Here is a link to Tap A Cap instructions so you can see how it works.http://www.forsterproducts.com/client_images/catalog19938/pages/files/Tap-O-Cap_TC1000-001.pdf There is a thread on the high road black powder forum on how make a home made cap maker out of stuff you probably have around your house.

Cabelas has #10 Remington caps in stock 90.00 for 1000 with hazmat shipping. If buy 2000 they cost 150.00

I checked before i posted said they had limited stock. I took that to mean in stock. :confused:

Bet if the hazmat fee was no longer required the price would drop to chicken feed. Just figuring the cost of making them, they have got to be substantially cheaper to make than 22 rf's.

I wonder if the Italians would make some again. Didn't like the brass caps, but they worked.

I just checked again. Last night they showed #10 limited stock now they show #10 and #11 limited stock.

That's what good about having a flintlock, You don't have to worry about no stinking caps :grin: Come join the rock lock crowd :thumbsup: .

+2 on the Flintlock. Wally world sells them out for 6 bucks here in the fall. Rem magnum caps. A local shop here sold me about 10 tins of 10s and about the same number of 11s last fall. 3.00 a tin just to get rid of them. Doesn't sell many. He still has a few 10s think I will get the rest next time I am in. I waited 6 months or so and they are still on the shelf so guess its fair enough to get the rest as nobody wants them. These are all CCI caps. I hardly ever shoot a cap gun but they will keep. Larry

Back