• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Octagon to Round Barrel inlet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thumbsup: Thanks.. Now if they go and follow your tutorial they should have a nice gun.. :thumbsup: :bow:

:hatsoff: Very Cool Roy! now I know why I have Strohs,,,,an not Rc's! good job! nice pics! :thumbsup:

DSC_0747.jpg

The picture might be a bit misleading.. the octagon part goes a bit farther on the bottom of the barrel then the top. There was more than enough metal so I added a second band just on the top 5 flats and left the bottom flats as they were after removing some metal..

here is a pic of the filing I did to the barrel..
IMG_2648-1.jpg

the oct. part goes all the way to the front band on the bottom.. :v

Thanks, Roy. You do some fine work. I am building my first from a parts assembly and I have to say you guys are craftsmen and make it look so easy....maybe with some practice I will be half as good, I will be happy....in the mean time if any one needs any tips on taking $800 in parts and building a $200 rifle let me know..... :rotf:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that was great Roy,I noticed the barrel had an oct sect then a 16 side and two bands, might I ask what type of gun/and time period this piece represents the two bands and 16 flats section together caught my interest, thanks

TALK ABOUT TIMING!!!!!!

I start to inlet a a tulle barrel Jan 2 2012!

How about putting this at the top with the other tutorials?

Thanks

tg said:
Yeah that was great Roy,I noticed the barrel had an oct sect then a 16 side and two bands, might I ask what type of gun/and time period this piece represents the two bands and 16 flats section together caught my interest, thanks
Its roughly copying the barrel on the Trade gun made by John Bumford of London... I probably went a bit too heavy on the 16 flats (really only the top 4 edges)... but from pictures it looks like there is that transition from Oct to round.. :v

on average around 6-8 hours to inlet a barrel.. With all of the picture taking, or if I have someone in the shop learning around 10 hours :haha: :idunno:

For some reason the two I have inleted have problems contacting the nose.....

Back