• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My flintlock is finished

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well got a email today from my builder, my flinrlock is done and shipped. He test fired the rifle and says its a shooter he had 3 touching at 50 yards. This i sa sitting fox kit that took 3 months to get all the parts right. but it is finally done. It is a 54 cal green mtn barrel.
cheeckrest.jpg

patchbox.jpg

leftside.jpg

rightside.jpg

muzzle.jpg

engraving.jpg

The builder is a friend of mine Ric Carter.

Andy

Yes I am this is my first flintlock. It has been a dream rifle of mine for about 10 years and i finally got the money for it.

Andy

Dream rifle alright.
As many fine, and not so fine, ml rifles I have seen over the years I never stop being excited when I see a new one. Even though the numbers of people in the ml game are said to be dropping, there are still considerable numbers of people preserving history and demonstrating great craftsmanship with these guns. I hope it continues forever.

Rifleman1776 said:
Dream rifle alright.
As many fine, and not so fine, ml rifles I have seen over the years I never stop being excited when I see a new one. Even though the numbers of people in the ml game are said to be dropping, there are still considerable numbers of people preserving history and demonstrating great craftsmanship with these guns. I hope it continues forever.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thats a beautiful looking weapon . Is it every thing you dreamed it would be ? I've got a dream one also . Some day it'll happen . Enjoy !

Wow..That is one beautiful piece of Hardware..Congrats on a great vision, and finding a builder to make it come to life....

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love that dark stain to the wood, the moon inlay, the carving, the decorative muzzle effects...in short - WOW :thumbsup: :thumbsup: BTW, those green Mountain barrels will definitely put 'em in there :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy, there is nothing like having a rifle that is handmade. I have had a few production rifles, but until I got my .36 Southern I never fully appreciated the quality or accuracy :thumbsup: ...Bud

Hi Andy, you have a fine rifle built by a great builder. How did you (in Pennsylvania) get hooked up with Ric in Montana?

fire-n-brimstone said:
It is more than i dreamed of finished exactly like i envisioned it.

Andy

Well may all your visions be as brite... :thumbsup: That rifle is beautiful. Congratulations you lucky dawg. Let us know how she shoots for you... :hatsoff:

Back