• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Now this is a fish horn (My part of the trade)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sure is a very cool looking horn. :hatsoff:
Never seen a fish horn or anything that matter that would even come close to it.
Just wondering is it PC?? Because the style so unique.

PC?
if you want it to be, it is. if you think not, then no.
This is art at its finest!
I can pretty much say that I wont be seeing myself on a trail walk. like when you get a new coat and see someone wearing the same one!

This is my "sunday go to meeting" horn. like a movie star or a good throaty big block muscle car, this one turns heads. Nothing PC about it!

Blackhand,
Doing a PC horn wasn't really a factor in this project. Brett wanted a fish, and I wanted to do something fanciful. Now, with that being said, I did try to put a late 18th century feel to the horn (I can't help it - I learned to do F&I horns). I even rejected putting on a gun swivel for the strap attachment, and searched around town for an antique drawer pull to fit the look I wanted for it. If Brett ever decides to take it to an event where the bean counters are out, it will probably pass...
Scott

not trying to take this to far off topic, and I am sure this has been discussed before, but why is everyone so stuck on PC. If you like it then shoot it or use it so what. For example a few years back I bought a buck skin shirt. I spent every penny I had on it. The first time I wore it people were telling me that its not PC because the stitching wasn't right. So I told each of them that neither is there camper that they are sleeping in this weekend and continued wearing my shirt just like they continued sleeping in there tin tepes. I love that shirt...almost hate wearing afraid that I will ruin it.

sorry to hijack.

Blackhand said:
Never seen a fish horn or anything that matter that would even come close to it.
PC!...I think that this powder horn is very PC if one has to put the famous "PC" label on it!.....I think that it is truly American Folk Art inspired,.. if Scott intended it to be or not!

This forum is The Muzzleloading Forum or has the name been changed to The Period Correct Muzzleloading Forum?.....

People who read and participate on this forum enjoy TRADITIONAL MUZZLELOADING, not just PC Muzzleloading!

I enjoy PC, but I don't expect everybody to do so!

Both Scott and Brett are fine craftsmen and above all good friends....Getting something "HANDMADE", from a friend or any other person, in reality, is getting a part of that person's life! ..... Friends and Brotherhood are PC!

horner75 said:
Getting something "HANDMADE", from a friend or any other person, in reality, is getting a part of that person's life! ..... Friends and Brotherhood are PC!

Well said

Rick, you are absolutely right. And thank you. Thank you very much! Your comments means alot to me, coming from one who has been in the craft as long as you have.
Scott

horner75 said:
Blackhand said:
PC!...I think that this powder horn is very PC if one has to put the famous "PC" label on it!.....I think that it is truly American Folk Art inspired,.. if Scott intended it to be or not!

This forum is The Muzzleloading Forum or has the name been changed to The Period Correct Muzzleloading Forum?.....

People who read and participate on this forum enjoy TRADITIONAL MUZZLELOADING, not just PC Muzzleloading!

Both Scott and Brett are fine craftsmen and above all good friends....Getting something "HANDMADE", from a friend or any other person, in reality, is getting a part of that person's life! ..... Friends and Brotherhood are PC!

Where did I said it has to be PC. I WAS WONDERING IS IT BECAUSE THE STYLE IS STILL SO UNIQUE AND I FIND IT VERY INTERESTING. Seems to me a lot of negatives thought flying around just asking a question where no harm was intended.

Well....PC/HC/PA or not...I would carry it to a re-enactment and hold my head high. I think this horn would be a great choice for carrying with the pea picker rifle. Darn nice folk art style horn for a folk art style rifle.
I think I'm gonna make a dolphin horn or a porpoise horn or maybe even a Sperm whale horn if I can find a horn big enuff. :thumbsup:

horner75 said:
Blackhand said:

I Think Horner75 Hit Dead On , On This Issue

Thank's Dan-L

Cooner54 said:
...I think I'm gonna make a dolphin horn or a porpoise horn or maybe even a Sperm whale horn if I can find a horn big enuff. :thumbsup:
Crooner, Ya needs to talk to Davy, maybe he can git ya some of them Texan Longhorns. That 'oughta be big enough fer a whale... :haha:

Now if you find a white enough horn for a sperm whale, you can scrim a whale boat or two on it, maybe even a guy with a wooden leg strapped on the side. :wink:
Scott

Blackhand said:
...I WAS WONDERING IS IT BECAUSE THE STYLE IS STILL SO UNIQUE AND I FIND IT VERY INTERESTING. Seems to me a lot of negatives thought flying around just asking a question where no harm was intended.
Blackhand,
No harm was taken on my end. I guess the answer to your question would be yes, because of the style of the era I was putting into it. Is it based on an original horn? No. It is totally my concept.

Now everyone, please, lets keep the responses on track with this thread and not let it get hijacked into a flame war.
Respectively,
Scott

41Aeronca said:
Blackhand said:
...I WAS WONDERING IS IT BECAUSE THE STYLE IS STILL SO UNIQUE AND I FIND IT VERY INTERESTING. Seems to me a lot of negatives thought flying around just asking a question where no harm was intended.
Blackhand,
No harm was taken on my end. I guess the answer to your question would be yes, because of the style of the era I was putting into it. Is it based on an original horn? No. It is totally my concept.

Now everyone, please, lets keep the responses on track with this thread and not let it get hijacked into a flame war.
Respectively,
Scott

:thumbsup:
Sincerely
Riku

Back