• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Austria

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Auch von mir ein herzliches Willkommen !
Falls Du irgendwelche Fragen hast , darfst Du Dich gerne auch an mich wenden . Ich sammle und schiesse schon seit über 40 Jahre Vorderlader , von militärischen Waffen verstehe ich allerdings nicht allzu viel ...Dafür aber umso mehr von Scheiben/Duell - Pistolen

A warm welcome from me, too !
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I have been collecting and firing muzzle-loaders for over 40 years, but I do not understand military weapons too much ...
Would you have any information on the response I made to you earlier today in response to your pistols, on my response I posted photos of one of my Jeagers by maker I. HEINISH in SCHWERIN . I have a decent library on European gun makers but not him, would you have any information on this maker ?
Thank you,
Chuck aka Relic Shooter in Idaho

Hi Des, welcome from Idaho !
I collect & shoot mostly European firearms but am not familiar with the revolver you acquired, nice find ! Looks to be very well designed & hopefully will make you a good shooter if cylinder & barrel is in good shape. Good luck finding a good place to shoot & please let us/me know how it performs at the range. If the nipples need replacing & can't find replacements locally some of us on the forum can likely help you.
I have an original Austrian Jeager in .60 cal. that was perhaps made near you. The lock is marked I. HEINISH in SCHWERIN & ad/w, it is inscribed the same in platinum on the top barrel flat & the thumb-plate is inscribed ARTER which I assume was the rifle's original owner. As you can see in the photo it's in excellent original condition & still has a shinny bore with sharp rifling. I've always preferred Jeagers because most have superb craftsmanship & light to hunt with & usually have big bores for big game & produce excellent accuracy for competition.View attachment 33930View attachment 33930
My Mom has roots in Tyrol and your Jager really appeals to me!!

My Mom has roots in Tyrol and your Jager really appeals to me!!
Thank you. My gun library had no information on the rifle's maker I. Heinish in Schwerin & Enfield in Germany has kindly offered to see what he can find out on the maker so I'll post some additional photos of it. Due to the fine craftsmanship I would think that he would be a noted maker. Unfortunately due to age & health issues I can only enjoy shoot my handguns now, be great if we aged as well as our vintage firearms.

Hi Des, welcome from Idaho !
I collect & shoot mostly European firearms but am not familiar with the revolver you acquired, nice find ! Looks to be very well designed & hopefully will make you a good shooter if cylinder & barrel is in good shape. Good luck finding a good place to shoot & please let us/me know how it performs at the range. If the nipples need replacing & can't find replacements locally some of us on the forum can likely help you.
I have an original Austrian Jeager in .60 cal. that was perhaps made near you. The lock is marked I. HEINISH in SCHWERIN & ad/w, it is inscribed the same in platinum on the top barrel flat & the thumb-plate is inscribed ARTER which I assume was the rifle's original owner. As you can see in the photo it's in excellent original condition & still has a shinny bore with sharp rifling. I've always preferred Jeagers because most have superb craftsmanship & light to hunt with & usually have big bores for big game & produce excellent accuracy for competition.View attachment 33930View attachment 33930
That's a very nice specimen of a rifle! Schwerin is in northern Germany, so a bit far away from Vienna where I live.
My Revolver is I think beyond repair. The parts that keep the cylinder in alignement are pretty worn off. Also the link between barrel and frame is a bit wobbly as the connection is made by one lug and not two like the Colt construction. It seems as itwas dryfired by kids a lot. It's importance is that it is from Bulgaria and that it's the only percussion revolver I ever saw there.....ususally you see a lot of Austrian Gassers and some Russian S&W's.
Thanks fro your welcome!
Best regards
Des

Thank you. My gun library had no information on the rifle's maker I. Heinish in Schwerin & Enfield in Germany has kindly offered to see what he can find out on the maker so I'll post some additional photos of it. Due to the fine craftsmanship I would think that he would be a noted maker. Unfortunately due to age & health issues I can only enjoy shoot my handguns now, be great if we aged as well as our vintage firearms.
A warm welcome from me, too !
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I have been collecting and firing muzzle-loaders for over 40 years, but I don't understand military weapons too much ... But all the more about target / pistol pistols

Welcome to the forum and a Big Howdy from the Republic of Texas!! Your revolver does indeed look a lot like a LeMat. If we can help let us know.
I will post some more datailed pics of the Revolver just as I did with the Turkish pistol!
Thanks for your offer of help!
Des

That's a very nice specimen of a rifle! Schwerin is in northern Germany, so a bit far away from Vienna where I live.
My Revolver is I think beyond repair. The parts that keep the cylinder in alignement are pretty worn off. Also the link between barrel and frame is a bit wobbly as the connection is made by one lug and not two like the Colt construction. It seems as itwas dryfired by kids a lot. It's importance is that it is from Bulgaria and that it's the only percussion revolver I ever saw there.....ususally you see a lot of Austrian Gassers and some Russian S&W's.
Thanks fro your welcome!
Best regards
Des
Wish I were a tad younger & closer to your location, your revolver would be a fun fix !
Treso makes every description of nipples including metric & feel confident would be able to provide you with replacements if you provide all of the dimensions. Looseness in the action can also be corrected if you know someone skilled in gunsmithing & welding. Would be nice to bring this old revolver back to life.
Best to you & yours

Back