• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trigger adjustment

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx50cal

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I got the Cabelas/Investarms Hawken in yesterday. I love the rifle, but haven't shot it yet. I think that the front trigger is a little heavy. How do I decrease the pull weight? Do I turn the screw clockwise or counterclockwise? Is there a stop in there, so that you can only go so light? I like a light "supprising" trigger.I like to use the set triggers for target shooting. Thanks for the help.
Rob

I believe you turn it clockwise to lighten the trigger.
Try it and see. Put a piece of cloth or something to pad the nipple when you dry fire it so you don't damage the nipple.

Huntin

Clockwise to lighten. You can test it with the hammer all the way down on the nipple. Do not test it at half cock, you could break the sear that way.

My brother-in-law purchased one of those in flint and he told me that it wouldn't spark much, so I purchased a rpl lock from L&R for Christmas and I'll have to help him inlet it( he doesn't have much of these skills ).

I have a feeling that you may need to get a longer trigger adjustment screw. Nowadays the manufacturers from Italy seem to be wary of safety/lawsuits and they put shorter screws into their set trigger assemblies to keep the consumer from being able to render the gun unsafe by using too light of a trigger pull. This is true of newer Lyman GPRs and I think there's a relationship between Investarms and Lyman. Check it out. I've adjusted my GPR's screw all the way in and the set trigger is still tough. I need to get busy and find a properly threaded longer screw because I also like a light touch for target shooting. My Davis Jaeger lock and my Pedersoli Sharps both have very very light set triggers.

Back