• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Wogdon & Barton Dueller Build.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some pictures.

Gun 7.1/4" long

1.1/8" wide

Barrel 3" x 13/16" Bore 9/16"

Trigger bow width 33/64"

Lock 2. 15/16" x 11/16"

Tumbler & sear 3/16" Bridle 3/64" thick.

5/8" across pan.

7/16" across cock jaws and 1/2" across frizzen.

Pistol 1.jpg

Smith 2.jpg

Smith 3.jpg

Smith 4.jpg

Smith 5.jpg

Smith 6.jpg

Smith 7.jpg

Smith 8.jpg

Hi Phil,
Thanks for those photos. So it appears Smith made the sliding safety bolt spring and bridle from the same piece. Fascinating.

dave

Dave re bridle to bolt in one, The photo is deceptive the spring like the bolt is not connected the bolt spring lays flat over the scear spring held by same pin or screw as wed'e call it today its sits neatly inside the scear springs upper leaf and a protruding lump rides over the bolt so it stays one side or the other as wanted . Regards Rudyard

Hi Rudyard,
Yes, I understand the design. I built bolted locks.
NFAzQWj.jpg

kVyKmN6.jpg

It just looks like the flat spring for the safety bolt is connected to the bridle in the photo. Maybe they are separate as I would expect but I cannot tell in the photo.

dave

Hi Phil,
Yes it does. The triangular flap that fits into the bend of the sear spring is a spring. It rubs against a nub on the safety bolt that goes into the tumbler and locks it forward (safety) or backward (safety off).
ZIm6LMH.jpg

MMOzi6D.jpg

03485fm.jpg

nHWQcD1.jpg

dave

Hi Phil,
Yes it does. The triangular flap that fits into the bend of the sear spring is a spring. It rubs against a nub on the safety bolt that goes into the tumbler and locks it forward (safety) or backward (safety off).
ZIm6LMH.jpg

MMOzi6D.jpg

03485fm.jpg

nHWQcD1.jpg

dave
Yes, you are correct about yours, but the Smith just has the bridle fitted into the spring to make things look cleaner, so no spring.

The Jones pair I posted does have the spring plate.

Pair lock.jpg

Last edited:
Back