• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Middlesex flint pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has purchased a flint hand gun from this vendor, what is the quality, was looking at there brass barreled one, if so what type of wood is it stocked in and do you have to drill the flash hole. My objective would be to re-work the gun such as re-finishing the wood perhaps stock,lock modifications and metal re-finish. Also would this be a worth while project. Going crazy here due to the confinement and thought this may be a project, I am running out of things to do concerning the hobby no range time no events. Any advice would be helpful.

Another consideration with corona virus jail projects is what has what in stock. I suggest you call Middlesex and see what they have. I called Middlesex looking for a French musket. He said there was a waiting list! I live close enough to drive over with cash and carry. No sale. There is another Canadian company of same stuff. Better call. It is not much help if you have a 4-6 delay. And when someone says 6 weeks, might as well be a year.

As for the reviews, it is a hopeless mess. I enjoy this forum a great deal, but when it comes to your specific question. IMHO, don't ask.

Just my personal caveat, I've not done business with Middlesex, Loyalist or any of the similar venders of Indian made firearms. It isn't because I have a personal issue, just not my interest at present.

I have a Middlesex flintlock -1773 French; I bought it from the guy who bought it from them. I have no issues at all. It sparks like a road flare and is probably the most fun to shoot of the seven bp handguns I have.

20190123_132218.jpg

Thanks all for the replies ,usually I find a builder and go from there thought this may be a nice project as I have been wanting a large bore flint pistol will probably wait and look around for a bit.

I have bought 7 weapons off of MSTCo, over 22 years, about. an both muskets, and many different pistols. every one came with the vent hold drilled ready to fire straight out of the package!. as stated the sparking quality is Steller, when they fall onto your rug they will singe it, yes the sparks are sill live all the way down to the floor. of course a good flint is needed. so as you can see from my experience with there products, I haven't had one hiccup. I would highly recommend them.

Back