• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrel hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackley

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here's a pic of a squirrel hunt from a couple of years ago. I have to drive a long ways to go squirrel hunting, and I usually stay for 4 or 5 days. Well I got down to the squirrel woods. Got camp set up. Went on an afternoon hunt and got the one in the pic.
Went back to camp boiled the squirrel with some ships bread had a good meal Then went to bed. During the night the weather changed. It started to rain and get cold the rain turning to snow. I don't know how cold it got that night, but it got cold. The weather is usually pretty good this time of year. I only had 2 blankets with me and that wasn't enough. So my 4 or 5 day hunt turned into just an over nighter.
My truck is about 1/2 mile from camp and now there is 4 more blankets in it when I go on a WARM weather hunt.

Jerry

That's a nice picture. It's always fun to look back through hunting pics and remember the good times.

I can't seem to remember what I just went downstairs to get by the time I hit the bottom of the stairs, but show me a hunting picture or when I look at a deer mount, and I can remember the finest details of the hunt as if it just happened.

Great picture setting...Looks like fun!
I admire kits that look like their used!
Cold wet nights are not for the timid...
I'd be packing 6 blankets. :surrender:
Keep the pictures coming...Thank you..Dan

It's hard for me to imagine having to drive very far to hunt squirrels. The little SOBs are everywhere around my house! I've been shooting them off the bird feeders with my longbow out the kitchen door.

Darren

I haven't killed a squirrel since I was 16 years old. When I was a kid, I'd frequently go out and shoot a mess of them and my parents were sticklers, that if you shot it, you cared for it and ate it. The rest of my family weren't very interested and I had my fill of squirrels as a teenager, and then some.

That said, I love reading stories about others' squirrel hunts and seeing the photos. I rather wish that I still had a taste for squirrels because I recall it being quite fun to hunt them. :applause:

Great photo, a lovely gun horn and bag, by the look much handled and well loved. Going on a hunt and spending a night under the stars adds another dimension to it. A friend and I spent a couple of days and nights out in woods on his place last Autumn, hunting Pigeons, we try to get a night or two out when we can. :thumbsup:

Back