• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Pedersoli 10ga got another Gobbler...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For the fifth time this year I carried the Pedersoli 10ga out to the turkey woods. I passed on jakes on almost every prior trip, but the gobblers were playing hard to get. Didn't take too long this morning. He came in at full strut straight from fly down. Back in the truck before 7 a.m.

P4090002_zpseoy48zyh.jpg

Very nice. I once shot a jake with my 10GA pedersoli dbl and was back in the house at 5:45AM! My favorite hunting is turkey with Blk Powder. Good eats! :thumbsup:

Darn fine bird. LOOONG beard an hooks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: What more could a guy ask for :idunno: Congrats to ya

Good looking bird, my gun doesnt mind posing with jakes. That looks like a perfect turkey gun.

I am not super wild about the cheek piece, mine is an older gun (Pedersoli tells me it was made in 1979) and I never shouldered it before I bought it used off Gunbroker. I have to force a bit to get down on the gun. I also have a later 12ga version without the cheek piece and it fits much better. A look at the current Pedersoli catalog shows they have apparently dropped the cheek piece feature on their shotguns. It sure looks good in the photos though.

Medic302 said:
can you please tell us your load and the shot distance?

More than happy to, but I don't know how useful the info might be. I bought the gun used a couple of years ago. It was made in 1979 and has cylinder bores that are not chromed. I use Circle fly wads. I put in 100gr of fg black powder, a 1/8 inch Nitro Card, a 1/2 inch cushion wad, 1 and 1/2 oz copper plated 6 shot, and an overshot card. I would like to say this was worked up with painstaking pattern work, but the truth is this was all stuff I had laying around. The guns barrel says 109 gr powder is the max load so I backed off a bit. The 1 and 1/2 oz of shot is listed as max so that's what I use. Truth be known I haven't even formally patterned the load, but the few turkeys I have shot with it certainly all have had more than just a few pellets in their necks and heads. I have never lost a bird that I have shot.

This latest bird was under 20 yards trying to get cozy with my decoy. This is my typical distance, I don't shoot much further than that, maybe 30 max. I am lucky to be hunting some private property and there is light hunting pressure in the region. As a result the birds respond pretty well to my average at best calling and seem to come into the decoy pretty good. For my part, I sit in the bushes and brush up pretty good. As long as I don't move at the wrong time it is like I am invisible to them.

Latest posts

Back