• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Life never ceases to amaze me.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, in a different posting I was talking about keeping a GPR and selling some safe queens to pay for it. I let the wife try one I was thinking of selling. For the most part, all she's ever shot was a .22, she's never fired BP in her life.

So I spent Sunday shooting off the deck, out of the blue my wife comes out with my daughter and says;" Why don't you bring out the gun you let me shoot last week and let your daughter try it." So, I go and get the gun and stuff needed to shoot it. I show them how to load it and they spend the rest of the day shooting with me,,,,,,, literally. That evening my wife comes up to me and says; I know you're going to sell some of your guns, don't sell the .45, Elisa and I like shooting it :shocked2: .

The day before, we are at this event, and for giggles I attempted the tomahawk throw. The range marshal was very nice, and as it wasn't very busy, taught as well. Wife came up, wanted to try, and really got into it. Two hours later she looks at me and says; you know; it really isn't that hard to make the target, you should get a couple tomahawks and set up a range in the back yard. :shocked2:

:hmm: Should I be worried? :hmm: Am I getting set up for something major? :hmm: Or have Aliens abducted my wife? :idunno:

:) Till I figure this out, I'll keep the rifle, buy the tomahawks, and make the throwing range. :wink:

Daddy's girl shooting.

10155496_699017976821279_1065154683_n_zpsb0523f1b.jpg

Nope, no aliens or out of body...though expensive, it's the result of family finding the fun in the sport! Next year the whole family can sit in the woods wearing dead animal skins and calling folks "pilgrim"! :shocked2: :wink: :haha:

NOW you've gone an done it :haha: , you'll be buying MORE rifles instead of "thinning the herd" wait until they ask to shoot a .40 cal. and then a .36.

Wont be long now and Cynthia Lee will have some besides us old goats to talk with! Congrats. I find a mixed blessing, wives that like to hunt and fish can cut down on "guy" time afield. Good luck!!

Great post! My wife and I have shot modern handguns together for years. Now you have me thinking that the next time I take the .45 percussion rifle to the range, maybe she will want to come along :grin:

Rick

Sounds like a winning situation. Just don't get upset when they start outshooting you - in my experience, women tend to be better shots than men.

Now you get to share something you love with the people you love best. Can't beat that. :thumbsup:

That's my daughter, I taught her to shoot skeet and trap - she now smokes me like a cheap dime store cigar. When she was 13 I took her for her hunter certification, they noticed her during the shotgun certification - one shot, one pigeon. After the course the 4H gave her a try,,,, she smoked them too. Had we not lived an hour and a half drive from them, she would've had a good chance to be on a team. She fishes, shoots, hunts, traps, and can skin and butcher what she kills. I once told my youngest son; if you were half the man your sister is, I'd be proud. :rotf:

She's really taken to BP, watching her mother and her swap every other round was entertaining. Niether cared for the .50,,, :hmm: yep, I might need to keep my eyes open for a .40.

Sounds like they need a custom .40 caliber rifle to shoot. Glad to hear the whole family enjoys the sport.

I would worry. This is starting to sound like a lead story on CNN.

"A woman in Kentucky was arrested for murder after her husband was found with what appears to be a 45 caliber wound to the chest and two "Tomahawks" protruding from his back - yes, Tomahawks - and I'm not making this up"

I quit trying to figure out the female mind years ago and just try and go with the flow. Glad you had a good day though :thumbsup:

My wife is my shooting partner and we have being having fun with muzzleloaders for over 20 yrs. My daughter just bought her 2nd rifle and is thinking about a pistol. I am looking forward to Sunday at the monthly matches with my girls. Now if I could only get my daughter-in-law interested. BTW be proud when the out shoot you!

Michael

Wow -- that's the best! Although, in retrospect, maybe you, we, shouldn't be so surprised. Fun is fun! And muzzleloading isn't exactly Rambo territory (despite some utterly pointless REMF war-stories we are plagued with these days).

Over the years I met a great many couples in black powder shooting. I was envious of those guys. Still am. My Mrs will try all manner of sports and activities, her and shooting did not click.

ok - i'll admit it...

I envy you

never could get any of the kids interested in anything which went bang, and the wife never did shoot the .45 flint I made for her one Christmas.

oh, well ... just check your ego at the ready line ... they will inevitably out shoot you, proving yet again that the world is an unfair place.

make good smoke!

My wife is from the south and has always been an excellent shot. Fibromyalgia has slowed her down some, but she shot my 54 cal Investarms hawken when out with friend and I. :v

Wow! Some people have all the luck. When given the chance, women can be very good shots. I have been whipped more than once by a woman. Just keep them supplied with powder and balls and keep them happy shooting muzzleloading rifles. You are one very lucky man. :hatsoff:

Back