• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is it a curable disease??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CURE?

Um..., it is my considered opinion that I have been "cured" of my previous addiction to rapid fire, low skill, spray-and-pray rifles, and have returned to the elite, of the ancient and established orthodoxy of the single shot rifle, that uses all natural ingredients as it's propellant and ignition system to harvest the ultimate in free range meat, aka wild game.

LD

I have been addicted to the sport for upwards of 45 years now. I have my own theory on it. I went through the stage of different projectiles other than ball but I never felt I was getting my fix with them and after some time I was able to get away from those other projectiles. Now; nothng works in a flinter right other than black powder but I used that with the other projectiles as well and was able to put it down.

I think it's those little round balls that put the hex on ya and I am pretty sure I will never be able to get away from it. Just hold one in your hand for a minute and I think you will agree; there's a stange power coming from those things. :grin:

'I found a cure. If you limit yourself to the number of slots in the safes and gunracks (all mine lock) you reach a cap. '

Worked for me until I bought the 'muzzleloader only' safe. It's amazing what you can fill if you try. And the checkbook holds out.

The addiction comes from the nice leisurely satisfaction of doing something really fine the hard way. I get more satisfaction from a good day of muzzleloading than when I won my class in the Colorado State Championship or two regionals in CAS. It's like fly fishing. Catching a trout on a dry fly with a fly rod is so much more satisfying than any other way.

Well, with such few ML guns there may still be hope. When you bankrupt yourself often to get another toy, then you are terminally infected...

I was inflicted with it years ago! At time the effects subside but they come back quite often. However at this stage of the game I'm not looking for a cure.

Geo. T.

Back