• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Arni sport 45 kentuckian?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any one familiar with one o' these?

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/Detail.php?NewGunID=100315140621001&Num=0GunsTotal+1&Filter[NewType][]=Shotgun%20(Black%20Powder)&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Percussion&Filter[Calibre][]=.45

Brits

Yeah I had one in Flint and one in cap, at the time they were called .44 cal. not bad shooters with moderate loads, the flinter had a lock with bogus geometry but was salvageable I gave $75 for one and was given the other for helping a guy set up and tune his CB/antenae. I could not see them being much more than a $100 gun right now in very good condition.These are rifles not shotguns.

Thanks TG, I will watch it and see how I feel.
I have come across these before over here that were rifles and had been machined out to smooth only they are very often far from smooth!

Brits.

Is there a reason they bore out the rifles?, these are good little shooters, slim profile with a good fit from the ones I had, 13/16 barrels, I thought they were a step above the CVA's of the time.

First of I must apologize for mis spelling the title, I should of wrote Armi Sport :shake:

TG, most ML gun makers supply/ offer a smoothbore variant to a rifle for the British market.

Our laws make any gun with a smoothbore and of certain dimensions be obtained on a shotgun certificate, a shotgun certificate is easy to obtain. There is limitations as to what you can load the gun with though!

To own a rifle it has to be entered on your firearm licence but for some real stupid reason the purpose for owning one also is entered! For even more of a stupid reason that I don't understand or even know hunting with M/L rifles is not allowed! It is not against a law but they will not enter the use of hunting on a licence. So to own a rifle we have to join a club and shoot at paper only :shake:

Now then back to the shotgun, no reasons for purpose are entered on a shotgun licence and so we can hunt with a M/L shotgun all be it with shot only.

Clear as mud!

Luckily we can buy molds still and they have not banned linen yet!

Britain is a land where every one is guilty and it just a matter of time before they catch you!

Forget calls for change, most folk are only interested in football/soccer and beer, never gonna happen!

Brits :hatsoff:

Very poor circumstances in your country! :shake: Even for smokepole users.

Good to live in Germany. No restrictions for any trad. single shot sidelocks equal if they are rifled or smooth. No restriction in the hunting law for ML.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Thanks for the info, I bet one of those bored smooth would do very well with a ball, if the Queen did not object, hope it works out for you if it is something you want/like

So true my oldest son-in-law is from Whales and he really enjoys living here and being able to shoot trap and go deer hunting with so little legal problems. As they say on the travel channel show about the top beaches." Americans have the right to bare arms we (French ) have the right to bare breasts. "

I've got an earlier model Kentuckian in .44 cal.
Nicely finished gun, Flinter, never fired it. Just bought some ball for it in .433.
The wood is nice walnut, nothing fancy.
Sparks nice. Short stock. I bought it for my kids to shoot, once they are a little older and bigger.

Well I'll be,,,,,,,

the thing has gone!

It was only on there a couple of weeks!

This fills my heart with joy as it means some one else other than me is probably using it as God intended all be it in this dressed up communistic land :hatsoff:

Brits.

i am picking up a .50 kentucky by armi sport next week, so once I have some patch/balls sorted I wil let you know how it goes :grin:

Im from essex in the UK, the musket is smoothbored. I have a shotgun licence so this is an easier way to start. I will get a firearms licence later.

Latest posts

Back