• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Carrying patch material

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayne1967

45 Cal.
Reaction score
What are some of the better ways to carry a roll of pre greazed patch cloth strips? Is there any niffty ways to carry it for quick access without getting the lube all inside your bag or on your cloths?

i use the altoid box that i filtched from my kid when she was done with the candy...

never did care for the candy but the metal box they come in is great, if not very PC

I also use a small, unmarked circular tin to keep my lubricated patch material in.

Many of the guys at our club, myself included, like to cut our patching material into strips, apply a light coat of lube and then simply hang the strip from our ramrod. When you get ready to load, it is righ there at the muzzle ready to go. If you don't glop the lube on the patching material, it doesn't collect dirt nor smear grease all over everything. It works for me and others, give it a try.

:wink: I always use spit patches only. Keep a strip of ticking tied to the strap on the bag, and keep the spit in my mouth until needed. Works for me. :shocked2:

Here's mine. :)
I use a 35mm film canister. Cut a slot all the way down the side. Roll up the prelubed strips and then hold in place with a bobby pin. Only insert the bobby pin a couple layers or so deep into the roll. all you want is slight resistance, soo's it will stay put as you pull out the strip to what ever amount you wish. Hope this photo explains it ...
pillowticking001.jpg

Many moons ago I made some simple wooden "drums" with a removeable lid and a thin saw cut down one side.( think of a short round wax paper box ) This allowed me to place a coil of lubed strip in the drum with a short piece extending out of the drum. Just pull out the strip as needed.

ohio ramrod said:
Many moons ago I made some simple wooden "drums" with a removeable lid and a thin saw cut down one side.( think of a short round wax paper box ) This allowed me to place a coil of lubed strip in the drum with a short piece extending out of the drum. Just pull out the strip as needed.

That's a good idea. I saw a guy that kept a roll around his neck on a cord but it wasn't covered. It was really handy not having to dig for it every shot. He spit patched though.

Latest posts

Back