• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shipping Rates

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronMatrix

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have recently been looking at various online stores for muzzleloading supplies and one thing that has been quite apparent is that most of the stores that I have looked at nail you with the shipping rates.

For example, you can order $20.00 worth of stuff but some places have like $7.00 or more worth of shipping charges on an order in that price range. I have shipped stuff with FedEx and UPS and I know it is not that expensive to ship...

Do any of you know of any online sites which don't try to gouge you with the shipping charges? I would order from some of the places that I see but the shipping rates just make me not order...

Thanks in advance.

I understand people being upset about the shipping charges. I too think they're rather high. However, I have started to look at it this way... I can't drive to most of these places to pick up my order for the same amount or less then what they charge for shipping, so I just bite my lib and pay the shipping... Don't like it, but what's a person to do????? You can't stop dealing with everyone.....

I gotta pay the high price, no one within 100 or so miles has what I need. Goex is getting a bit scarce around now.

The latest "mileage reimbursement rate" just went up to and broke $.40/mile...driving anywhere today to pick something up is very, very expensive...the cost of gas alone plus the wear & tear costs on your car are taking place at a cost of $.40/per mile.

I live right on the edge of a large metropolitan area but even so, just about any good store I go to is 10-20 mile round trip...AND...the ML supplies I want are usually not available locally anyway.

I do all the shopping over the Internet that I can...cheaper in the long run...I do it in 5 minutes compared to an hour, no wear & tear on the car, no parking and crowd hassels, no chance of a fender-bender, not making any pollution...plus, most Internet places still don't charge sales tax, which offsets the shipping costs anyway
:results:

I live right on the edge of a large metropolitan area but even so, just about any good store I go to is 10-20 mile round trip...AND...the ML supplies I want are usually not available locally anyway.

Heck Roundball... I live in the dead center of an overbloated metro area, and if I want any ML supplies I have to head up to Cabela's or Gander Mt just over the Wisc Border, about 50-60 miles. Traffic of commuters and holiday-house drivers make for at least 1.5 to 2 hour each way.

Such are the joys of living in the big city... no place to shoot, few (if any) gun shops. BUT I got a great UPS guy, easy access high-speed internet, and I can shop at 3am without worrying about the local gendarmes seeing me browsing the gun aisles :haha:

vic

It's a selling tactic.

"I have the lower prices than anyone in the business" .... (small print) but I also have this highest shipping rates to offset those prices.

E-bay is like that, you see something that has a good price, then you look at the shipping and you know why. Let's say I have a bullet mold that I want to get $15 for. I list the price as $5 and put $10 shipping on it. Some one sees $5 and says "What a deal".

SP

I live about 1.5 hours from Midsouth Shooter's Supply, just a hop, skip, and a jump, right? I thought I could combine saving a few bucks shipping with a pleasant drive by KY & Barkley Lakes and have my stuff TODAY. Only problem was, they told me the tax they would have to charge if I picked it up would cost over three times more than the shipping. That settled that. Seems they got us either way.

You know what, when I first started this topic, I wasn't giving much thought to the fact that many people didn't really have BP supply stores near by. Maybe because there are at least a couple within about ten miles of where I live.

I did find that sometimes the local stores don't carry everything that one wants so I can see where we would have to order from an online store at times.

After looking at the rates more, I found that the more you order, the less the shipping prices bite you. Sometimes things are cheaper online too, so that offsets the shipping price.

:redface: :sorry:

I have found TOW to be the very reasonable on shipping.They only charge the postage,at least that is what I have experienced for supplies I get like nipples,flints,bore brushes and stuff like that.The closest place to me that stocks any BP stuff is about a 100 mi.that and sales tax makes postage look cheap.

Back