• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Oak Ball Block

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtmattison

70 Cal.
Reaction score
What do y'all think?

FirstOakBlock.jpg

Next comes square, rectangle, and circle. Maybe even a triangle :haha:

I don't know what I'll do with all of these blocks I'm making but I sure am having fun.

:hatsoff:

HD

PitchyPine said:
Looks great, did you find a bigger bit for 50 cal.

I'm looking for a 17/32 bit for .50 cal. Online they are anywhere from $16-$18 with shipping :cursing: . I will go to Sears and see if they have it. Right now I'm just making .54 cal. The 9/16 bit is perfect.

HD

Huntin Dawg,
Question? Why do you need seven thong holes to attach on your bag? Also! How come you have only two ball holes? You must really have a small caliber smokepole! :rotf:

horner75 said:
Huntin Dawg,
Question? Why do you need seven thong holes to attach on your bag? Also! How come you have only two ball holes? You must really have a small caliber smokepole! :rotf:

I like to tie it to my right arm, left arm, right leg, left leg, neck, and knees so I don't lose it.
I only need two shots. One for a chicadee and one for a barn swallow. My .15 caliber muzzleloader is lethal.
:rotf:

HD

what a coincidink... :grin:
I shoot a 54.
Now the wife,SHE shoots a 50, but my balls are bigger than hers...

:wink:

I have given some to friends, used a bunch for blanket prizes at rondy's.
They are fun to make, occupy free down time in the winter, as does shooting bags, casting, strap weaving, range rod making, horn work ect! :wink:

your block looks good!

Huntin Dawg said:
PitchyPine said:
Looks great, did you find a bigger bit for 50 cal.

I'm looking for a 17/32 bit for .50 cal. Online they are anywhere from $16-$18 with shipping :cursing: . I will go to Sears and see if they have it. Right now I'm just making .54 cal. The 9/16 bit is perfect.

HD

I drill with a 1/2" bit and follow it with a rat tail file twisted in, pulled out and then cleaned up with a pen or dowel wrapped in a 120 grit sand paper until I get the hold I want, and consider the thickness of your finish if you use one!

all for the .50

:hmm: :hmm: great great job i cant seem to get all them holes lined up without runnin into the other :cursing:

roger zavoda said:
:hmm: :hmm: great great job i cant seem to get all them holes lined up without runnin into the other :cursing:

I have neat little templates my wife gave me that have the shapes cut out and a 1/4 inch grid. I just trace the shape and mark the grid pattern on the block. I can then mark where the ball holes go.
:hatsoff:

HD

Back