• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

4 barrel derringer kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzybeez67

32 Cal
Reaction score
15953527974091299835684458036790.jpg
15953529065078666289367958766328.jpg
I was going through some of my husbands things. He passed away 1 1/2 years ago and I came across this. Anyone have any information about it?

Your husbands pistol kit shows up in the 1980 and 1987 Dixie Gun Works catalog. In 1980 it cost $26.95 and in 1987 it cost $33.95.

It is a 4 barrel pistol which fires all four barrels at the same time. It uses .210 diameter lead balls in it's .22 caliber bores.

The advertisement says:

"1300C .22 CAL. PERCUSSION FOUR BARREL DERRINGER KIT
Now this is bound to be one of the oddest percussion
derringers that you have ever seen or heard of. There is one
little minor problem you will have to overlook in firing
this derringer. All four barrels fire at the same time. You
can either load one, two, three, or four barrels depending on
how many you want to fire. The derringer kit is very easily
assembled following the step-by-step instructions that are
included with the kit. The brass backstrap and barrel are
machined from solid brass bar stock. The barrel has been
machined from 5/8" square stock. Hammer and trigger are
excellent quality wax castings and will require a bare minimum
of fitting. The two piece wooden grips are of oak.
Takes a .210 caliber ball and 3 grains of FFFFFG black
powder in each barrel.. A very unusual kit. Shipping wt. 3
lbs. "

PS: The value today will be far more than the original price. Because of its rarity I would guess it would be worth at least $130 and possibly as much as $150 to the right buyer.

Hello Suzy, I never had or fired one, but I think all four barrels go off at once, and if they do, it makes for a very dangerous thing to reload. These things used to sell for about $19.95 to $24.95 U.S. IIRC. Fellow named Crowder had a double barreled 45 cal at that time with two percussion locks; a decent pirate gun. He considered the derringer a 'toy'. The derringer makes a cool 22 caliber hideout or ladie's 'muff' gun, carried in the two handed fur sleeve once popular with the quality. No one wants to get shot with anything, and four at once is a disaster. If you want to sell your kit, please list it in the classified section. Thank you, George.

Your husbands pistol kit shows up in the 1980 and 1987 Dixie Gun Works catalog. In 1980 it cost $26.95 and in 1987 it cost $33.95.

It is a 4 barrel pistol which fires all four barrels at the same time. It uses .210 diameter lead balls in it's .22 caliber bores.

The advertisement says:

"1300C .22 CAL. PERCUSSION FOUR BARREL DERRINGER KIT
Now this is bound to be one of the oddest percussion
derringers that you have ever seen or heard of. There is one
little minor problem you will have to overlook in firing
this derringer. All four barrels fire at the same time. You
can either load one, two, three, or four barrels depending on
how many you want to fire. The derringer kit is very easily
assembled following the step-by-step instructions that are
included with the kit. The brass backstrap and barrel are
machined from solid brass bar stock. The barrel has been
machined from 5/8" square stock. Hammer and trigger are
excellent quality wax castings and will require a bare minimum
of fitting. The two piece wooden grips are of oak.
Takes a .210 caliber ball and 3 grains of FFFFFG black
powder in each barrel.. A very unusual kit. Shipping wt. 3
lbs. "

PS: The value today will be far more than the original price. Because of its rarity I would guess it would be worth at least $130 and possibly as much as $150 to the right buyer.
Thank you! Very helpful information.

Hello Suzy, I never had or fired one, but I think all four barrels go off at once, and if they do, it makes for a very dangerous thing to reload. These things used to sell for about $19.95 to $24.95 U.S. IIRC. Fellow named Crowder had a double barreled 45 cal at that time with two percussion locks; a decent pirate gun. He considered the derringer a 'toy'. The derringer makes a cool 22 caliber hideout or ladie's 'muff' gun, carried in the two handed fur sleeve once popular with the quality. No one wants to get shot with anything, and four at once is a disaster. If you want to sell your kit, please list it in the classified section. Thank you, George.
Thank you for the info!!

Back