• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What I do during "Lockdown".

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grabbed some whitetail tines and drilled out some volume measures today--one each of 80, 70, 60, and 50 grains. Drill, rat tail file, and a little time checking with my adjustable measure. I've already got the 80 on a neck lanyard, the 70 on a thong near my horn, and the 60 and 50 in my belt pouch of extras.

I had a very heavy set of rattling antlers given to me by a biologist friend who has a deer farm. The tines were very long which made carrying them a bit cumbersome. I decided to cut them down a bit and make the simple volume measures.

Attachments

• 20200423_090729.jpg
    20200423_090729.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 108
Well our governor just give us another 30 days of lockdown. Like that's going to work. Things are getting mighty uneasy in the great state of Illinois. Only thing keeping me home is the fact that all the places I usually go are closed.

I should have mentioned that the shooting bag was a nice gift from @Flanders on the forum. He sold me the .62 and then gave me the bag, a pouch, and cow's knee to get me started. It is a small simple design bag that I just threaded a toggle closer on so that things don't fall out when I'm ducking under brush.

I have been making little things out of stuff I have lying around. Here is my first attempt at a ball bag. It will hold fifty .44 cal round balls. It is made from a deer (or goat) skin bag, some jute twine, a piece of copper tubing, and a wooden plug. It isn’t done, but was something to do last night.

Attachments

• 8201AC2C-31C5-46B2-8626-AE7AF404B060.jpeg
    8201AC2C-31C5-46B2-8626-AE7AF404B060.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 75
Back