• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to shoot?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I sold my land last year so I could move to where I can take care of my mother, and was disturbed to find the only place I could shoot my smokepoles was about an hour away. Now that this plandemic has hit I know of absolutely nowhere to shoot. What are you guys doing? Is it the same where you are?

I'm a member of a local private club range. No restrictions here other than they recommend you keep yer distance from the other plague carriers.

My small bore league shut down in March; my flintlock league shut down in April. My outdoor local range shut down about the same time. In my remote neighborhood, the house nearest me was purchased by a family with three small boys and three large dogs. My options have gone from many to none. Getting desperate. My remote camp is 1.5 hours away.

ADK Bigfoot

Some of the Clubs I shoot with have cancelled their Spring camps and shooting events.

The Club range is still available, just without Lifeguards so too speak. ( use at your own risk)

I’m fortunate too have a home in the Country with plenty of area for shooting.
All my Neighbors, ( which aren’t really close by ) are shooters as well.

I shoot in my back yard. Was out blasting away with my '58 Navies earlier today.

As I recall didn't President Trump declare ranges to be kept open as essential when he did the same for gun stores?

I know the club I belong to is open here, but I never go there except for matches, and they have cancelled them for social distancing,. They weren't held that often as it was though.

My club has closed since the Govnr declared stay at home. It's been extended to the 26th. I have plenty of room to shoot on NFS land but available time and weather have not coincided for a while.

I have miles of open land out the back door.
This is the only place I have lived where a land owner posted signs INVITING you to hunt back there. Just don't tear things up with a ATV or litter.
Maine has some advantages if you can get past the fact we only have two seasons. Winter, and the fourth of July.

The range I usually go to has temporarily closed also. Luckily I own some land I can go to, it just takes 30 minutes longer to get to it in comparison to the range. I will be up there quite a bit after this week anyway, as turkey and bear opens here on Wednesday and the snow is finally starting to melt enough that I can get to it.
Other than private land I don't know what else a person could do to get in some shooting. I doubt many land owners would allow (aka take on the liability) someone they didn't know very well to do some shooting on their place.

Had to settle for shooting in the back yard :(
100_1316.JPG

I'm a member of a local private club range. No restrictions here other than they recommend you keep yer distance from the other plague carriers.

We do that at our range. Not because of viruses, but mostly the smell.

I can shoot bb and pellet guns in my back yard. While not totally illegal I wouldn't shoot a regular firearm as I have tree hugger neighbors in the area and don't want to deal with arguing with law enforcement about my right to shoot. My next door neighbor is also a gun nut and wouldn't present a problem. I try to keep my lousy marksmanship from getting worse by plinking in the back yard. I have 1.3 acres that butt up to a federal lake.

I have about a 25 minute drive to a desert canyon that I use as a range. I can get about 500 yds out there. Usually go out there on Sunday's. No one else goes out there because cars can't get there. Rough road.

I shoot in my back yard. Was out blasting away with my '58 Navies earlier today.

As I recall didn't President Trump declare ranges to be kept open as essential when he did the same for gun stores?

I know the club I belong to is open here, but I never go there except for matches, and they have cancelled them for social distancing,. They weren't held that often as it was though.
[/QUOT

This should be a wake up when the next elections come up for our govs., state and local politicians. Are they for our constitutional rights? and how far will the go to infringe on them. We are ,right now, like the frog in the water. Sooner or later will be cooked if we don't fight back. Just my opinion.

My Niece has a farm near where I live. I have a place there to target shoot. Pretty soon she will be irrigating soon the water makes the gophers pop out of there holes can't shoot them fast enough.

Back