• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First post and first pic of my Rifle and bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PALonggun

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding looking gear you've pulled together, congratulations...and good luck in the PA season !
:thumbsup:

wow - nice looking gear you have there ... good luck in your quest to transform Bambi into little white packages!

make good smoke!

Thanks Fellas. I built this one around 1997 or 98. I have been hunting with a Flintlock since I was 8 years old. My Father, who I lost last month on November 8th, taught me and my brothers early on. I have pretty much only used my Fowler for the last 10 years but when my Dad passed I thought I would use the .54 this season in his memory. Here are a few more pics and one of my Pop and his Beck custom he built around 1980 or 81.
IMG_20131124_162515_zps24ff651b.jpg

IMG_20131124_162637_zpscf828e81.jpg

IMG_20131124_162758_zps426a58bd.jpg

IMG_20131124_162827_zps23fe1458.jpg

IMG_20131124_162726_zps211536c8.jpg

IMG_20131127_172523_zps93cb4c31.jpg

Beautiful long rifle, and best wishes for a successful post-Christmas season! :thumbsup: It is the opportunity to tote reproductions of Pennsylvania's rich history of exceptional gun builders around our State's hills and hollows for a couple of weeks each winter which makes our unique Flintlocks Only season so special.

Your Dad's Beck is a beautiful piece as well. Thanks for sharing. :hatsoff:

Excellent! Thank you for letting us look. Sounds like your dad was one of those guys this sport needs more of. I'm truly sorry for what you're having to endure but dedicating the season to him and his rifle is a fine way to honor his memory! Congratulations! :hatsoff:

Sorry for your loss. But like father like son.

That was a nice gun of his and beautiful kit you've just put together there -- really sharp. Your dad would be proud and as appreciative of your homage as we are.

Welcome, have fun and safe shooting!

Hi and welcome to the forum. Your dads rifle is a beauty and I'm sure you will treasure it like no other. Wes/Tex said it much better than I could.

My dad passed in '74 and every time I hold his service pistol, which he taught me to shoot, I feel he is right by my side.

bpd303 said:
Hi and welcome to the forum. Your dads rifle is a beauty and I'm sure you will treasure it like no other. Wes/Tex said it much better than I could.

My dad passed in '74 and every time I hold his service pistol, which he taught me to shoot, I feel he is right by my side.
You said it pretty well yourself!

Hello PALongun, First- my condolences on losing your father, I lost mine in '06 and we will think of them often- Amen.
Great looking outfit you have there- beautiful maple on the .54. Now I have to ask- did ball and bambi meet this season. Aim small- miss small...

Thank you! No there was no meat made with the .54 this season. The .270 Winchester that's another story!!

Love your kit, and the pic of your father reminds me of the 1st Rendezvou :) and the men standing around the coffee pot at first light (as a 14 year old HOW I wanted to be excepted by those "modern day mountain men).

A Question if I may: When it is cold don't those beads "tap tap tap" on your lock, as you walk?

Latest posts

Back