• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Underhammer Updates

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BS

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Drilled and tapped two barrels today, also made the breech plugs. One is a .54 fast twist, going to finish about 27"s, the other is a .58 round ball shooter that will probably get cut to 29"s.

Just started to turn the .54 on the lathe, should finish at 1" x 15/16, the same for the .58.

The ole 16" 1937 South Bend does a fine job of cutting. Made some straight cuts, just to see how she worked, I will setup to turn tapers tomorrow.

Now I need to finish a receiver and a stock.

Also ordered a .69 cal 1.1/8 x 1" with a 1-75 twist, will finish about 29"s.......for my "American Sporting Rifle"

Also "tuned" a hammer and trigger, they are ready to cock and cap.

Need to order some wood, but the Misses told me to stop spending money.......ever heard that one before?

I have been fairly quiet, just wanted to let ya know what I was up to.

Bruce

Can't wait to see your final gun. Care to post an ongoing photo essay?

Definitely show them off. There's a few UH fans here who wanna see 'em, including me :bow:

I have the 50 cal barrel tapered 1" to 15/16s. It was a 1.1/8" blank........turned out really nice.[.54 stated above...oops]

Both barrels are tapped and plugged.

I might solder a full length under rib to it, and use brass tube for the rear grip and thimbles.

Now, the .58 isn't going quite so well.....getting a bit of chatter. :(

I need to change my holding setup a bit.....maybe tomorrow.

Bruce

Back