• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Two New Underhammer Barrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BS

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have been quiet......waiting for my new barrels from Ed Rayl. Just got the letter to send money, they are done. :grin:

32" - 1.1/8"x1"

A .675 and a .729 cals.

1 in 95 twist

Wide groves and narrow lands, square cut .008 deep.

Probable will cut them a couple of inches shorter, depends on how they ballance.

I have been waiting for a reason to finish my three brass recievers...........now I have my winter project!

With the lack of new hammers and triggers, I will just swap [recycle] some of my old ones. They don't seem to mind what the reciever looks like. :youcrazy:

N0-BS
Bruce

I am envious, I have been seriously considering a .50 cal underhammer. maybe 32" barrel with 1-48 twist. :thumbsup:

Which kind of hammers and triggers do you need?? Was only 3 types made in 30 something yrs. Fred :hatsoff:

fw said:
Which kind of hammers and triggers do you need?? Was only 3 types made in 30 something yrs. Fred :hatsoff:

FW, now I feel forgotten :(

H@R .....hammers and triggers, hope they start making them again.

If you click on my [BS] and go to my webpage, you will remember my rifles.

Blizzard of 93, .50s are a nice size to start with, just get one with at least .008 deep rifleing. I like wide grooves and narrow lands.

They seem to multiply and get larger as time goes on! :rotf:

BS,
I just got a set of hammer, trigger and spring for a H&A action from Deercreek in Indiana. They still have actions and parts. Their number is 765-525-6181.
Mark

Ya I remember ya now how could I ever forget those neat sigts 1/2 down the page, yes you can get the parts for Late H+A's from DC if you call quick Monday or till they run out. ( they are nice older people just a Mom/Pop place and hate the internet it puts such a load on them they wont use it in the store/shop and swore if word got out again they would close the H+As up. So hurry. Good to see your stuff Ive passed the "Action / Frame doo-doo I'm just doing it like Hillard ect did no frame to mess with and it fells tons less weight, also got a UH flintlock made at last that worked to good. Watch for John T to come out with one worthy of a pic mine was just thrown together. Fred :hatsoff:

They arrived today :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Narrow lands, wide groves......OH BABY! They should do just fine with paper cartridges and hard lead balls.

The bores look very nice, but I plan on lead lapping them. After doing my last .729 cal. barrel.......I will do all my future bores.

Bruce,
No-BS

68-73-Muzzle.jpg

Still taped to the shipping board!

BS said:
They arrived today :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Narrow lands, wide groves......OH BABY! They should do just fine with paper cartridges and hard lead balls.

The bores look very nice, but I plan on lead lapping them. After doing my last .729 cal. barrel.......I will do all my future bores.

Bruce,
No-BS

If you don't mind, could you do a pictorial on your lapping? I'd like to try it and a picture is worth a thousand words. :thumbsup:

Back