• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Euroarms 1863 Remington “Zouave” manufacture date?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My dad surprised me with this Euroarms Zouave repro yesterday. Took me a minute to figure out who manufactured it, not being familiar with Zouaves. I would’ve guessed it was a Pedersoli based on the look of the stock, but finally saw the maker’s roll mark staring right at me.

It looks unfired, but the bayonet lug is missing. Other than that it appears brand new. Can anyone tell me the approximate date of manufacture? The ser# is 366xx.

Just ordered some .570 round balls and .575 Minies from Track of The Wolf. Can’t wait to shoot it.

8452D0AE-397B-4BAB-8B48-89C62AFF0AB0.jpeg

My dad surprised me with this Euroarms Zouave repro yesterday. Took me a minute to figure out who manufactured it, not being familiar with Zouaves. I would’ve guessed it was a Pedersoli based on the look of the stock, but finally saw the maker’s roll mark staring right at me.

It looks unfired, but the bayonet lug is missing. Other than that it appears brand new. Can anyone tell me the approximate date of manufacture? The ser# is 366xx.

Just ordered some .570 round balls and .575 Minies from Track of The Wolf. Can’t wait to shoot it.

View attachment 321062

Track isn't the best source for Minies and don't be surprised if they don't shoot well. We've been over this time and time again and the basics for making minies shoot well haven't changed a bit.

Also, only use REAL black powder if you want it to last.

Minie' balls must be sized to fit the barrel. If you have a three land barrel, you will likely need a few pin gauges to measure the bore diameter. As I think I recall from other posts, Euroarms tend to have a slightly larger bore diameter than other makers. Measure before you buy, or you will have a large collection of Minie' balls that won't group in your rifle.

Back