• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Cook pistol, Pedersoli with match grade tune

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Copied from an Original mid- 1800s British COOK match pistol. Made by Pedersoli to pass European ( the euros like to call it " international ") match inspection. Made for their Underhammer division. NMLRA classes this with the Open or non-traditional pistols due to the "Saw Handel " grip type. Adjustable for elevation rear sight. After all the tuning I have given this well made Cook it is match worthy now for the highest level shooter. Tuning requirements involved the barrel. The rear sight. The trigger. The action. The springs and the barrel Tenon. This is the 2ed Cook I have tuned. Both needed this through Tuning to be match worthy in my opinion. Why would I believe my opinion or tuning matters? I solely tune and maintain all my match pistols. The current NMLRA Caplock and three gun national High Master champion guns. Includes: original Pedersoli box, papers, DVD, Loading rod and barrel removal tool. The Cook weights 2lbs and has now a one screw easy to adjust trigger from 10oz. to 2lbs. now. A heavier trigger is possible also... If you are interested in buying this Cook pistol please PM for details... $ 820 shipped conus...
20240502_212237.jpg
20240502_212141.jpg
20240502_212048.jpg
20240502_211940.jpg
20240502_211649.jpg

Caliber listed by Pedersoli is .36. A .350 ball with a .20 thou. Ticking patch and soapy water lube. Only 12.5 grns of Swiss at 25 and 50yds delivers great match accuracy. My results with 15, 18 and 20 grns were equally excellent but just a waste of powder for paper punching. Results from both of my Cooks were the same after tuning...c

Very nice. Originally these underhammers were called “boot guns” and were used as personal defense weapons.

During the period I’m not even sure pistol competition was even very popular?

Either way, gorgeous little piece and I bet it shoots great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. Originally these underhammers were called “boot guns” and were used as personal defense weapons.

Im very familiar with them. I’m just saying that using this particular one would be like that. Haha, but as they say “you pays your money, do what you will”

This was and is not a "boot gun"...Was and is a Target match designed pistol...Popular? Like many things back then in Euro/UK lands only the wealthy could afford or be allowed to do. Not much different than today in the not so free lands out yonder way...

Latest posts

Back