• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone have hearing aid feed back using hearing protection muffs??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I struggle with my electric ear protection anticipating a text from my cell phone. I would get a series of beeps then my phone would vibrate indicating a text. It would pick up other phones, if I was shooting online with other shooters. Annoying to say the least, when trying to achieve a perfect score.

I switched to Walker brand of ear protection and the issue went away. If possible try another brand of ear pro, maybe borrow a set from a friend.

After years of jet engines, squeal of arresting cables going out, and the verdammt 5"38 cal shooting 14-15 rounds per minute about 20' from my work area, the VA finally gave me some hearing aids. But no refills on batteries!
Besides, I live alone, and I know what I'm saying to my pets. So the aids stay in their nice comfy box.

I'm guessing your problem is with electronic muffs. Have you tried the old non-electronic ones?
The ones I have are non electric. The issue (I think) is the hearing aids don't like the cover up. When I just hold my HAs in my hand to place them in the charger they squeal like crazy. (feed back)
Larry

I'm confused as to why you'd wear ear muffs - to cut down on noise - at the same time as hearing aids - worn to increase the level of perceived noise.

If, like me, you are deaf enough to depend on electronic devices to improve your hearing under normal conditions, what use is it to then wear extra devices to reduce your hearing perception?

Sounds crazy to me.

I don’t remember if I had that problem, my dogs ate my hearing aids two years ago and I don’t have enough nerve to go and ask the VA for another pair.
RR first thank you for your service. second make the VA give you another set, you earned them and if you don't they will spend the money on hookers!

I don’t remember if I had that problem, my dogs ate my hearing aids two years ago and I don’t have enough nerve to go and ask the VA for another pair.
VA policy is stated as:
Hearing aids or eyeglasses are to be replaced if the device was destroyed or lost due to circumstances beyond the control of the veteran.

A fellow vet recently had his replaced under this policy without any issues.

Back