• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

More Things in Film That Bug Me

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A gunman with practice can indeed shoot a single action as fast as a semiauto. Bob Munden ring any bells?
I've shot several locks off over the years with no ill effects. These were all illegally placed locks on property where I was the manager.
Sure, there's always some guy who is supernaturally talented, but the average joe? No. Extraordinary nerve-muscle-brain complexes result in a Tom Brady or one of those fast guns, but that's the exception.

Besides the aforementioned guns out of their era, things that bother me are blue jeans in the old west and flinchlocks that go 'full semi-auto'.

I usually give inaccuracies a pass, but the one that bothers me every time is the explosion that throws the guy. I guess movie heros don't get blast lung. The other is in a big battle scene where the protagonist and antagonist wade through the battle as if everyone else is toddlers attacking with blunt spoons until they finally meet each other and have a worthy opponent. Oh, and I almost forgot about the gunshot that would normally result in severe blood loss, infection, amputation that takes out the hero for about 2 minutes, but. Then they recover and continue to dispatch bad guys as nothing happened like they just had the wind knocked out of them or something

I usually give inaccuracies a pass, but the one that bothers me every time is the explosion that throws the guy. I guess movie heros don't get blast lung. The other is in a big battle scene where the protagonist and antagonist wade through the battle as if everyone else is toddlers attacking with blunt spoons until they finally meet each other and have a worthy opponent. Oh, and I almost forgot about the gunshot that would normally result in severe blood loss, infection, amputation that takes out the hero for about 2 minutes, but. Then they recover and continue to dispatch bad guys as nothing happened like they just had the wind knocked out of them or something
While Blue Bloods is drama tv, they seem to get gunshots right. Recent episode Jamie got shot. He was on the ground instantly, rolling around in pain and completely oblivious to the remaining gun battle going on around him.

Back