• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Vest Pocket Derringer ball diameter question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adkmountainken

40 Cal.
Reaction score
i have a CVA vest pocket derringer .31 cal says to use a .310 round ball with it. .310 loads extremely hard not using a patch at all really have to ram it home. i understand this kind of pistol intent was not for a follow up shot but i do enjoy shooting at the range and do not like to ram that ball home with a hammer every time. not sure where to get a slightly smaller ball or any other ideas?

i have a CVA vest pocket derringer .31 cal says to use a .310 round ball with it. .310 loads extremely hard not using a patch at all really have to ram it home. i understand this kind of pistol intent was not for a follow up shot but i do enjoy shooting at the range and do not like to ram that ball home with a hammer every time. not sure where to get a slightly smaller ball or any other ideas?
Try #'s 1, 2, or 3 Buck: ..30 to .25 respectively.

Patched round ball fo me in the VPD... Think that I have #4buck for it.

I use these in mine and they fit perfectly. They are airgun slugs.
Screenshot_20240518-205220_Chrome.jpg

Back