• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Famous painting of Lewis and Clark.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
By the celebrated artist Thomas Hart Benton. Titled: "Lewis and Clark at Eagle Creek". Benton's home and estate is now a public Missouri State Historical Site. This painting now permanently hangs at the Carter Museum, Fort Worth, Tx.

benton_lewis_clark_1967.png

Anyone who'd like to see T.H. Benton's work will enjoy visiting the Missouri State capitol building in Jefferson City. Powerful stuff, those murals are. My mother worked there for decades, spoke with Mr. Benton when he was there on several occasions. The murals are quite large. Somebody will likely be offended by depictions of our history, but for now his work is safe.

Anyone who'd like to see T.H. Benton's work will enjoy visiting the Missouri State capitol building in Jefferson City. Powerful stuff, those murals are. My mother worked there for decades, spoke with Mr. Benton when he was there on several occasions. The murals are quite large. Somebody will likely be offended by depictions of our history, but for now his work is safe.
Last time I was up there, they were working on the rotunda, outside of it was covered in plastic tarps I think. A lady asked me about it. I told her it was a energy saving measure, the plastic traps all the hot air from the legislative sessions, and it heats the neighborhood.

Back