• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Conical bullets in a cap and ball revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not looking to sell my mould, but I can send you a handful of conicals.
Jay
🙂Thank you for offerin , can you post a picture of the type of slug you've got and the weight of it please? What I'm really wanting is something that is the same as what they would have used in , say 1855 or so, something authentic for my nostalgia

🙂Thank you for offerin , can you post a picture of the type of slug you've got and the weight of it please? What I'm really wanting is something that is the same as what they would have used in , say 1855 or so, something authentic for my nostalgia
image.jpg
According to my arrowhead scale the conicals are almost exactly 150gr. They’re .607” long and .381” at their widest, with a .380 band at the base, which is easiest to see on the middle bullet in the last photo. The mould is an old Navy Arms that came with my .36, and is marked .36.
If you want some, just DM me your address. Another forum member recently did me a similar favour, so I’m happy to pass it on.
Jay

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
The Eras Gone molds are duplicated from period bullets.

I was looking for conical bullets that were used in the old muzzleloaders and found some of these pictures of what the originals looked like,
If I or some of the other brothers here find some pictures of the original caps maybe we'll start a thread here about original percussion caps

Back