• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Zuave Armi Jaeger bad trigger pull

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crv

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hallo.I shot my Zuave for the first time yesteday and the trigger pull was terrible.Is there a way to make it better ? I was using 578 minie cast with LEE mould and 70 grains and 60 grains off Triple seven ff. Even with the bad trigger pull it shoot wery nicly at 50 meters. I also has a 575 lee mould which one shold work best.The Zuave was unfired and made in 1974

If the .578" mini goes down the barrel with no problems the .575" will be too small to give good results. You can drop your powder charge down to 40 grains (of 2 f) and still get good results with less punishment.

Thank you all for input i Would like less beating but how low can you go in powder when you are shooting at 100 meters and want most precision

the service load was 60 grs 2f.

another thing to check is the screw that goes through the stock to hold the lock in some time it is too long and the hammer rubbes on it

crv said:
Thank you all for input i Would like less beating but how low can you go in powder when you are shooting at 100 meters and want most precision

If the bullet skirt is not real thick, you can go as low as 40 to 45 grs. of ffg. You can also experiment with fffg in the various loads. You also want as tight a fit as you can get with the Minie. No more than .002" windage.

Bench the rifle and start out with the lowest charge. Fire at least 5 rounds at each increment and document it. If yours has the Springfield pattern sight, it should have a tiny V inside the V notch. This is the fine sight. If you happen to be hitting a little high at a given charge, use the small V. It will take some shooting to find your load and hold, but that's a big part of the pleasure of shooting.

i know some nssa teams that shoot the old layman 400 gr. minie with 35 gr. 3f. they are only shooting targets. not game. but it does get the job done and very little recoil.

Back