• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Zouave tall front sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tc45dave

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Trying to purchase a Zouave .58 next week. Anyone using a taller front sight ? Please post photos and helpful suggestions.

Trying to purchase a Zouave .58 next week. Anyone using a taller front sight ? Please post photos and helpful suggestions.
Been about 30 years so not sure if I raised it or not, but I did install a new blade to correct windage. Notice the blade is not centered. I just soldered a strap of metal next to the original and then filed it down as needed. No need to purchase anything if you can solder and use a file. Hawkeye2 has got it correct, no big deal.
Flinltlocklar

d.
IMG_2108.jpeg
IMG_2109.jpeg

I found the sniper sight handy. Really good view for ling and over the top aim for short.

I've always found it frustrating that manufacturers of military arms continue to keep the same sights on reproductions that were on originals. Nowadays we're more likely to shoot at targets/game at distances closer to 60 yards than 100 plus yards. Every military rifle/handgun I ever owned shot from 6" to a foot high at 50 yards.

My Armi-Sport CS Richmond shoots like 2 feet high at 100.

My Parker-Hale Musketoons are helped by half-sighting , I've been able to shoot them at 50 yards with no problems.

Back