• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Zouave Rifle Rear Sight - Options?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any rear sight options for the Zouave (repro) that would allow for windage/elevation adjustments?
This is what's on mine flip up peep one is regulated to 50 yard the other 100 yard my bore has been realigned with a bobby hoyt 7 groove land barrel the front sight is extra tall

Attachments

• IMG_20220823_084414.jpg
    IMG_20220823_084414.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220823_084429.jpg
    IMG_20220823_084429.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220823_084516.jpg
    IMG_20220823_084516.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220823_084519.jpg
    IMG_20220823_084519.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
ill measure it for you it came this way when i bought it off this forumn 3 years ago a 1.5 mm allen key just fits it i may go up a size to open it a little more

I got a Navy Arms 'Buffalo Hunter"(essentially a sporterized Zouave) coming in.
Read the thread and didn't see anything about a rear mounted peep sight.
Is such a sight available?

Thanks,

The one in the post just before this was made by flipping up the existing sight leaves and drilling them though that was on a Zouave and the Buffalo Hunter may have a different rear sight.

On my Zouave, I drilled a small hole on the back site, left of the notch and right on top of the folding leaf screw and then I took off the factory front, soldered and new taller front site, same shape as original. Meets all rules that I have run up against in matches and with Lee Minnie hollow base mini and 50 grn of 2F it shoots very good groups at 50 & 100 yds on paper. I shot 80 of 2F one time for a doe hunt and took one at 30 yds.

Mike
How did you solder on the front sight. Does it damage the blueing

Back