• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

zouave on paper, at last!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walruskid1

54 Cal.
Reaction score
60 gr ffg and a patched round ball, two needle files and a nice day. still shoots about 6" high a 50 yds. with a 6 o'clock hold. how hard is it to replace or add to the front sight? i have an extra unaltered rear blade to return that to original if needed. how much different do minie's shoot? any input from a pro would be welcome, this musket stuff is new to me. i'm an old underhammer man.

Walruskid1 , if you cast your own ball and don't want to spend much on a mould pick up a mini ball mold from mid shouth shooters supply around 15.00 but find out your bore diam first the best accuracy with mini balls is ball .002 under bore diam lube the grooves only and DO NOT lube the hollow base start with 35 grains of 2fg black and work up ,or if you have 3fg start also with 35 grains if you don't care about how much you spend on bullets, dixie gun works sells them as well as track of the wolf , also from mid south they have lyman and rcbs steel moulds more money but quality lyman sells a wad cutter type desined for the zouve that was particularly accurate I think Papabear knows the one I'm talking about try these ideas first but if you want to shoot round balls your rear site will have ti be cut if you have a dremel tool put two cutting disks in and cut down a little too much then will have to file the front site down to lower the piont of aim. wish you were closer
I'd get that thing shooting straight. good luck and have fun with the zouave. bb75

thanks for the input, i am going to make the rear sight a little deeper and try for a center mass hold. had it out today and ringing the ram at 75 yds with regularity. tomorrow is my sons 18th bday, picked him up a zoli (navy arms) buffalo hunter. its a cut down zouave with adjustable sights. he was like a dog with 3 tails to wag. he burned about half a pound this morning. still needs sight adjustment but he's close.

I have a Buffalo Hunter. it too shoots about 6" high at 50 yds 70 grains 2F with a Minnie or round ball. Still have to experiment
only had it out to shoot once....95 degrees was just too durn HOT....TOO much sweat ...only got about 20 rounds shot when that darn Hen turkey kept charging me ....and I figgered it was time to go home....
they are nice guns.....enjoy!
*** wv scrounger ***

Latest posts

Back