• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Zouave loads.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O.K. Zouave shooters. Who can tell me some good loads for my Zouave.
I can't get it to shoot any better than about 1.5" at 50, I have no idea what the twist rate is and can't remember who made it, but it was not Armi Sport.
Maybe I'm tossing in too much powder. I use around 100 grains of 2fg black.
I also have a .58 barrel made for me to fit a Renegade and it is a 1:48 twist.
I can't get it to shoot any better than 1.5" at 50 either.
Thoughts?
And NO it ain't me. I can clover leaf 5 shots with my Bedford County .45 flinter at that distance. From a good solid bench of course. :bull: (well I did it once!)

I have a Euroarms zouave. I get one inch groups from fifty yards using 60 grains of FFFg Goex behing a Lee REAL. The Lee improved mini tends to wander around more with the same load. Hunting I use 80 grains or fffg and the REAL. I can not get the accuracy from this gun that i get with the Pedersoli Blue Ridge. What more could I expect from a $250 mass production dollar gun.

I too, have a .58 caliber Zouave...

I shoot the .575 diameter, 505 grain minie-ball (Lyman # 575213) with alox lube over 100 grains of FFg and a musket cap...

I can hit a Reader's Digest at 110 yards with this load all day, and I'm talking the small print version... :winking:

She barks a bit and jumps a little, but she hits where I aim 'er...

smoke: that's what mine is a EuroArms.
Musketman: I can't even see the small print in a Readers Digest at 110 yards. :haha:

The euroarms "z" is a good gun. I have shot everything available and even made a picket mould to try. it is my wet weather deer gun. I do have one issue with the stock. When replacing the ramrod the first two inches tend to wobble and wiggle, thus causing the ramrod channel to splinter on both sides. It is a minor cosmetic area of damage, looking at the original guns, the channel is deeper and the rod fits prior to pushing down in the stock. For the money it is a solid , reliable shooter. I use fff Goex and can shoot until I am tired without cleaning using the REAL and improved mini. here is my question, was this gun issued in the War of Nothern Agression. my sources say no and discount the story of a few being used at Petersburg. My sources also say they were made to secure the pistol contract with the federal government.
"Goex, not pyro-poop."
smokeblower.

smokeblower: Mine is a Euroarms I bought used in near new condition with a bunch of r/b and bullets for 200 bucks. I felt that was fair.
Everything I've read says that particular rifle was NOT issed in the Civil War. I don't know as I wasn't there. ::

Back