Zouave bought and not delivered

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Kaleb

32 Cal.
Reaction score
It did not sound like Retired Medic was blaming the site.

Joel Boyles

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey Claude;

Just to even the count a little bit, I've bought something through the classifieds, and was totally pleased with the entire transaction. A very nice lady in AZ sold me a rifle, and was a delightful person to deal with, from sending extra pictures to packaging the rifle for shipping. (I even learned a new use for concrete forms!)

I'm sure the ads are a lot of hassle for you, and I certainly wouldn't have volunteered to do them, even if I could, but I, for one, would really hate to see them go.

Do what you think best, this is just my $.037721 (that's two cents, adjusted for inflation). Thanks,

Joel

arcticap

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I posted about[url] gearpay.com[/url], an electronic fund transfer service that endorses gun transfers and also offers a "safe transfer" escrow option. The cost is $1 to register besides transaction fees and requires a verifiable bank account.
I've registered but haven't used the service yet.
Maybe it's the type of service that more people should consider using for any "risky" internet transactions that are typically between total strangers from distant states. The info. is contained in my 2 posts in this thread:
[url] http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/204221/post/382105/hl//#382105[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:

faw3

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Dont think he ment the site Claude, myself Ive got 2 things , one a rifle and it went smooth as you could want. ( sorry I cant remember names right now) one I sent a Q to about the shipping cost and didnt get a answer so I blew that one right off. Ive gone off and on with a lady that works for the PO "they have it in for mail fraud of any kind" (and you should see the badges these guys and girls carry make the FBI flip open one look like a 10 cent toy, they dont play .) Hope they catch your guy soon ..unless he's been hit by a truck or something he couldnt help. FRED :hatsoff:

Claude Mathis

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
fw said:
Hope they catch your guy soon ..unless he's been hit by a truck or something he couldnt help.
That's just the thing, I don't know if the seller is unable to respond or what. You would think if he was trying to rip people off, he would have closed his email account and tried to cover his tracks.

When were the dates of these transactions?

Claude Mathis

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Kaleb said:
It did not sound like Retired Medic was blaming the site.
I didn't mean to make it sound personal, I was just taking the opportunity to clarify something that has been raised before. :v

Bert

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi again. Claude, you are doing a great job and I think this forum is great. Please do not get rid of the classified section. I was emailing Phillip Barr and he emailed back during the week of March 19 or there abouts. I sent him a money order on March 23 and emailed him to let him know. He never emailed back. I have sent him a registered letter and will give him a few more days to respond. Then I will let loose my dogs...Well actually I will see what the US postal system will do for him. This can get interesting... :hmm:

ONEYEDIK

32 Cal.
Reaction score
about 4 weeks ago i answered a add on the classified section for a zoli zouave....was contacted by a man named phillip barr from ny state...sent him a money order for the rifle.....numerous emails later.he has not contacted me.......it seems that he hooked me.....so be carefull in dealing with him....

faw3

69 Cal.
Reaction score
As on your other site its sounding like it for sure. This wont help you but might with others, Ive been on here over 2 yrs now and the stuff I even ask about was from people that Ive seen on here this last year, also a phone call dont hurt. Hope it all turns out good for ya to bad we had to get one in here-but every place does. ( I guess.) Fred :hatsoff:

sjb1958

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Please don't remove the classifids I am shopping,(just DON'T tell my better half) :haha:

Bert

36 Cal.
Reaction score
After reading the post from "oneeyedik" I feel that Phillip Barr of NY has sold the Zoli Zouave to a number of people. It is a sad state of affairs that someone is using our forum to rip off good folks. It is obvious that he was not in a car wreck. I will submit the Postal fraud form and start the ball rolling. I would suggest that everyone involved do the same. We may not get our money back but this fellow may spend some time in jail. So let us get to it...

Claude Mathis

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Bert said:
After reading the post from "oneeyedik" I feel that Phillip Barr of NY has sold the Zoli Zouave to a number of people.
Looking at the log for this member, the IP address used by this guy to register on the Forum (01/06/07) was in Punta Gorda, Florida and the last time he logged in, it was from Woodlyn, Pennsylvania.

Registration IP: 68.56.202.233 (Owned by Comcast Cable Communications, Inc.)

Last Login IP: 207.69.138.134 (Owned by EarthLink, Inc.)

Earthlink Contact:
OrgAbusePhone: 404-815-0770
OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@abuse.earthlink.net

oldarmy

50 Cal.
Reaction score
what a shame. there is always one bad apple in the bunch.
I bought a matchlock stock and barrel in the classifieds and couldn't be happier.
the seller was a great guy and e-mailed me after I received it,just to make sure it was OK.
I hope the PO can track him down

ONEYEDIK

32 Cal.
Reaction score
no need to close the classifieds......i bought stuff from others and am very happy with it.......once in a while you will find a dead beat.....im not going to stop using them...and im not going to go bankrupt on $200 .....JUST BURNS ME A LITTLE.....

cable

40 Cal.
Reaction score
well, let me add one more tale of woe re: Mr Phillip Barr; i sent him a usps money order around 3/22/07 for a lemat repro advertised on the classifieds; same email and name etc as you guys had; nothing, not an answer to my emails.....soooooo, time for the postal inspectors; if we all report our losses to the postal inspectors, mr. barr may get a tax free multi-year vacation at a federal vacation resort!
remember if you mailed your payment to him it is still mail fraud even if yo didn't use a usps money order.
this is the only bad experience i have ever had on the classifies and i have bought a number of items.
good luck to all, and let us keep each other posted.

arcticap

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Maybe there's a chance that he didn't cash the money orders and abscond with the funds, meaning the money can still be recovered. Then it would only be a major inconvenience. Just trying to remain optimistic. :hmm:

Claude, Bert And All,
Claude's post regarding Punta Gorda, Fla. rang a bell. I dealt with Phillip Barr maybe 2 years ago but it went the other way. I sold him a rifle and he sent me a M.O., before I shipped the rifle. At that time he was very responsive. Sorry to hear things may have changed. Claude, your classifieds are usually one of the good places to deal.
Mark

rdale

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've dealt with trades and selling on the classifieds ads and have had good transactions. For the most part, all of us in the muzzleloading family are honest and fair with all. But, benefit of the doubt to Mr. Barr, maybe something has happened in his life, and maybe he is a con artist preying on others.

Latest posts