• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Zouave .58 barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stony Broke

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've got a Zoli with a couple of barrels, neither of which is much good, and I'm looking for a shooter. Anything with adjustable sights would even be better, as I shoot them...not a reenactor.

Send them to Bobby Hoyt. He can reline them to any caliber and rifling style you want and his prices are reasonable. You may not have much luck finding a decent Zoli barrel as most are quite old now and have seen a lot of use.

R. A. (Bobby) Hoyt
Freischutz Shop
2379 Mt. Hope Rd.
Fairfield, PA 17320-9756
(717) 642-6696

Send them to Bobby Hoyt. He can reline them to any caliber and rifling style you want and his prices are reasonable. You may not have much luck finding a decent Zoli barrel as most are quite old now and have seen a lot of use.

R. A. (Bobby) Hoyt
Freischutz Shop
2379 Mt. Hope Rd.
Fairfield, PA 17320-9756
(717) 642-6696

What hawkeye2 said.

With all due respect ... it may not be the barrels ...

FWIW we have a mess of Zolis (8 or more>) at our BP club and they ALL shoot well, as in REALLY well! One member completes at the No-So Skirmish Assoc. Nationals and has a set of plug gauges for 58-cal bores. We have found the Zolis run to the larger size, running from 559 to 583+. We used cast lead minies sized (the tool by Lodgewood) to be 0.002" under whatever the bore gauges to and the results are great!

In my 2 Zolis, one uses 578s and the other I use the as cast at around 580. I find them VERY sensitive to the size of the projectile. We do all of our load development at 50-yards until we get a 3~4-grain spread maximum where the groups are one ragged hole (benched) or close to it. Then we go out to 100-yards and start load development in 1/2-grain increments at the bottom of the spread and work up to 'fine tune' the accuracy load.

Once tuned in, both shoot 1-hole ragged hole groups at 50-yards!

Your comments are appreciated and I certainly respect those barrels. The one I currently have has two barrels...one of which has a prominent bulge in it, and the other one has been really "bubba'ed" up with holes drilled in it for scopes, etc.. I have owned a Zoli before ( with a good adjustable sight added to the rear), and it shot very well. The current one I own was gifted to me in the form of parts and I would just like to add a good barrel to it. The only complaint I've ever had with the Zouaves is the sights and getting them to hit where you want them to.

The one I currently have has two barrels...one of which has a prominent bulge in it, and the other one has been really "bubba'ed" up with holes drilled in it for scopes, etc..
Yes, clearly that is quite the different need!

Tell you what, it isn’t a Zoli barrel, in fact it is unmarked, but I have a spare 58-cal rifled barrel someone gave me. If you could fit it to fit your Zoli, I’d take $50, plus the shipping costs for it.

PM me if any interest, just don’t modify anything until you pay for it. I’d ship it out for you to review ... andd if you don’t want it, just send back on your dime along with a check for what I had paid to ship out to you ... can’t beat that deal!

Sounds like a possibility to me ! If you would pm me with details about where to send the $$, I'll get it headed your way. Could you text me any pics as well? 903-385-0618

Latest posts

Back