• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Zippo lighters and media images.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so the family who owns a lighter company is named “Wick”… because the wick is what holds the lighter’s flame. That’s funny and kinda odd.
Long ago I knew a guy in DC who worked for the FAA. His name was Duncan Wurm, and yes, he loved fishing.
Sometimes I think God is either playing little jokes or is sending us little messages with this stuff. Because you just can’t make it up.
I never smoked, but the Zippo lighter is a hunter’s backpack mainstay here in PA. A warming fire goes a long way. Lots of people carry their Pap’s WWII or Korea Zippo. Or now Vietnam. They are an iconic design, reliable, and well made. I suspect Zippo would not make the OP’s special order because the company could not. Probably copyright infringement. A big Nope. If you alter that image a little, however, they might.
Also, parents can be cruel, stupid or both. i went to high school with a girl named Candy Kane and April Showers and a guy named, wait for it!!... Donald Duck. Could you imagine what they put up with?

Long ago I worked with a young woman named April Sparks. She had more jokes about her name than anyone. One of our game wardens is named William Williams, and years ago I went to a gathering where I knew he would be, just so I could meet him. First I complimented him on his Field Notes, which were always good. Then I admitted I really just wanted to tell my friends I had met him, and I asked if his parents did it on purpose. He said “my parents were funny people.”
I presume the original image posted at the beginning here was Samuel Colt? That’s the holdup. The building/s did not look problematic, because that image appears to be a unique combination of two different images. Break out the photoshop

In the early to mid 60's I was in the army and smoked. To a man in my company every one of us that smoked had a zippo with the divison crest on it. Even a few that were not smokers had one to be inclusive. I smoked til Feb. of 83 and still had the lighter. Somewhere in the past the lighter disappeared. In my camping gear I keep a Bic now, trouble free and it never loses it's fuel by evaporation as the zippo would over time.

In the early to mid 60's I was in the army and smoked. To a man in my company every one of us that smoked had a zippo with the divison crest on it. Even a few that were not smokers had one to be inclusive. I smoked til Feb. of 83 and still had the lighter. Somewhere in the past the lighter disappeared. In my camping gear I keep a Bic now, trouble free and it never loses it's fuel by evaporation as the zippo would over time.
I also have a BIC or two stashed in various packs, bags etc. But , I still own 2 or 3 Zippos and use them too. They can still make sparks when out of fuel, and they can use any kind of fuel from kerosene, gasoline, Camp fuel, etc etc that you can scrounge. They will stay lit by themselves ,can stand up lit, etc. They are a useful piece of kit to keep in the "bag of tricks" IMHO

You can upload any image or 2 images and put them on a zippo lighter , custom made by zippo.

Not being artistically inclined (LOL) I just pasted you know who and you know where, and now waiting a week or so to get made and arrive here.

View attachment 146696
Zippo's a good old time Pennsylvania company; hope they didn't get "politically incorrect"!

Why care?
How does "zippo" even apply inside this forums context?
Nice try @Darto trashing an American icon,,
But you only share part of the story.
My guess is the "cheerful" e-mail was explaining his pixel rate/format was too large to apply to a basic size zippo lighter within the service offered.
Instead of re-applying with proper context,, he simply cry's,, "They won't make my picture,," 😭
Well, it referenced a picture of a BP revolver.

This is one you can currently buy. If Zippo was 'woke' they wouldn't be selling the one I posted.
Not to disagree but, i've used Zippo's and only Zippo's for almost 40 years, and I've found that although they haven't gone fully "woke" they have and are becoming more liberal/woke everyday. They are a contributer to BLM and many other progressive organizations. You can research it. I agree they DO still sell 2nd ammendment designs but, they're getting harder to find over the last few years. You can buy firearm related items from Amazon yet, no one can say they aren't "woke."

Yes, about the muli-fuel for the Zippo. We had M113 tracks that used diesel, in a pinch that worked as did gasoline. The road vendors would sell a glass vial that gave you one fill up for a $1, that was too much for me hence the vehicle fuel. Now I buy Naptha by the quart and just refill my Zippo container as needed.

Yes, about the muli-fuel for the Zippo. We had M113 tracks that used diesel, in a pinch that worked as did gasoline. The road vendors would sell a glass vial that gave you one fill up for a $1, that was too much for me hence the vehicle fuel. Now I buy Naptha by the quart and just refill my Zippo container as needed.
Yes, fuel was everywhere if you knew where to look. Also, if you knew anyone in motor pool or supply there was always a bit of gas/fuel here and there. If you were stationed anywhere near an airwing, fuel was everywhere! I always wondered if the Zippos using this stuff gave off any tell tale odor that could be detrimental to activities in the bush? Then again , I was a worrier!

Yes, fuel was everywhere if you knew where to look. Also, if you knew anyone in motor pool or supply there was always a bit of gas/fuel here and there. If you were stationed anywhere near an airwing, fuel was everywhere! I always wondered if the Zippos using this stuff gave off any tell tale odor that could be detrimental to activities in the bush? Then again , I was a worrier!
Being Mechanized Infantry it is a lot different than a straight leg unit as were our missions. With the tracks and their noise and diesel exhaust smell you were never sneaking up on anyone. When we didn't smoke was on night missions without the APCs, like ambush patrols which we had most nights.

Also, parents can be cruel, stupid or both. i went to high school with a girl named Candy Kane and April Showers and a guy named, wait for it!!... Donald Duck. Could you imagine what they put up with?
Really now? I've heard it all and this verges on you know what.

I do not smoke anymore, but still have two or three Zippos. Not sure why, I just do?! They are the simple plain ZIppo. Zippos have their good & bad points. Most of them will run on just about anything you can put in them fuel wise, but the weakness has always been evaporation, IMHO. The fuel does not last long once it is put in the Zippo, maybe a week at best in my experience.
While serving in Viet-Nam, '66-'67. lighter fluid became almost impossible to find at the PX because of black-market activity. A buddy refilled his Zippo with JP-4 (high-grade kerosine used as helicopter fuel and oddly enough in our multi-fuel trucks.) The Zippo worked just fine on this. When lighter fluid once more became available, he let the lighter burn until it used all of the JP-4 then refilled it with lighter fluid. Strangely. it wouldn't work with the lighter fluid. He even tried drying out the 'cotton' fluid holder. Still wouldn't work. So, he went back to using JP-4.

Back