• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Zeroing in . . .

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutabout

40 Cal.
Reaction score
61 degrees today so buzzed up to the range with my M1795 to work up a good target load with the new .678 shot. I wanted to try shooting patchless first so I started out with 40gn Goex FF, OP card, .678 ball and just a thick card over the ball. All shots at 35 yards and offhand. One load of one ounce #7 seemed OK.

Gun shot so sweet that all ten shots were just like that. It seems to be shooting a couple inches to the right so I corrected and hit the bulls eye a couple times. I'm all over the paper but at least every ball was a hit. Big improvement over patched .648 which was all I had until the new order got here. No rear sight.

Next trip I'll try lubed patches.

21512.jpg

aint smoothies fun? I normaly shoot my bess tolerably well but this winter league I cant hit nothin,Oh well back to the range

It keeps me off the streets ! I need to sell a guitar or fiddle to finance a 28 ga. kit for my next project.

I was going to buy a flint lock for the old M1795 and bring it more toward original but Tinslade's last page in his fowler book said to leave it in it's current stage of progression as a tribute to it's history. And I like that thought.

Latest posts

Back