• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Zelle or PayPal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 7 major banking systems all use ZELLE and offer it to their customers.
Ever wonder why?

i don't have any idea and could care less. i do know several people who have been ripped off by vendors who insisted their buyers use Zelle.

If the vendor insists you use Zelle, run, run away fast.

So did you read the link before responded with your temper tantrum?
I just read it. Now I am afraid to deal with the USPS and Paypal. I guess I have been lucky so far but I will now explore other ways to buy and sell any high dollar items. I wasn't having a tantrum Im just getting more grouchy than normal watching our country implode.
Have a nice day

Depending on the level of trust I'll send or accept(depending on which end of the transaction I'm on) cash, check, or money order. To people who insist on paypal/zelle/etc. I'm sure we'll both survive without each other's bidness.

The 7 major banking systems all use ZELLE and offer it to their customers.
Ever wonder why?

Zelle services in itself, is fine...person to person...the issue, as addressed by this thread, is the fact that a plethora of known online scammers almost exclusively use Zelle or Venmo as the main form of payment, while excluding credit card payments because they know you can't get your funds back.

According to Business Insider, Zelle doesn't offer protection from online purchases...

"The biggest drawback of Zelle is that it doesn't offer fraud protection for authorized payments. In other words, if you purchase something online and use Zelle to pay for it, you have no recourse if you never receive the item you paid for. For example, if you use Zelle to purchase an item from Craigslist, and it turns out you were scammed, Zelle won't refund you. Thus, Zelle advises that you only use the service to pay people you absolutely know and trust."

Click the link below for the article...

(Zelle is a safe way to send and receive money — but only from people you trust)

i don't have any idea and could care less. i do know several people who have been ripped off by vendors who insisted their buyers use Zelle.

If the vendor insists you use Zelle, run, run away fast.
It all comes back to one central theme - KNOW WHO YOU ARE DOING BUSINESS WITH.
DON'T send money in any form to someone you have not vetted.
I offer Zelle or personal checks to my buyers as a payment method.
In the 10 years (+) I have never had any issues with either.
I use ZELLE to buy large shipments of lead from ROTO - a seller I know and trust and have a long relationship with.
I pay them with ZELLE and they ship - THE SAME DAY.
I use ZELLE with 2 auction sites, again, with zero issues.
I accept ZELLE or personal checks for my sales. Ask the members here how fast and efficient it is. Several of the purchasers here use it to pay me.
I shun PP or USPS - for reasons already stated.
I have never received a bad personal check, and since I deposit electronically a personal or business check will normally clear in 3 minutes - 12 hours.
Again, all folks need to be alert on WHO they are doing business with. Know who they are - before sending money (no matter what the method)

It all comes back to one central theme - KNOW WHO YOU ARE DOING BUSINESS WITH.
DON'T send money in any form to someone you have not vetted.
I offer Zelle or personal checks to my buyers as a payment method.
In the 10 years (+) I have never had any issues with either.
I use ZELLE to buy large shipments of lead from ROTO - a seller I know and trust and have a long relationship with.
I pay them with ZELLE and they ship - THE SAME DAY.
I use ZELLE with 2 auction sites, again, with zero issues.
I accept ZELLE or personal checks for my sales. Ask the members here how fast and efficient it is. Several of the purchasers here use it to pay me.
I shun PP or USPS - for reasons already stated.
I have never received a bad personal check, and since I deposit electronically a personal or business check will normally clear in 3 minutes - 12 hours.
Again, all folks need to be alert on WHO they are doing business with. Know who they are - before sending money (no matter what the method)

AMEN

Zelle services in itself, is fine...person to person...the issue, as addressed by this thread, is the fact that a plethora of known online scammers almost exclusively use Zelle or Venmo as the main form of payment, while excluding credit card payments because they know you can't get your funds back.

According to Business Insider, Zelle doesn't offer protection from online purchases...

"The biggest drawback of Zelle is that it doesn't offer fraud protection for authorized payments. In other words, if you purchase something online and use Zelle to pay for it, you have no recourse if you never receive the item you paid for. For example, if you use Zelle to purchase an item from Craigslist, and it turns out you were scammed, Zelle won't refund you. Thus, Zelle advises that you only use the service to pay people you absolutely know and trust."

Click the link below for the article...

(Zelle is a safe way to send and receive money — but only from people you trust)
Zelle, if you use them directly - I don't know the policy. I don't use them that way.
If you use ZELLE through your bank (I use CHASE and everything is processed through there) then you get the same protection you get with your checking account/credit card, the transaction is handled the same. I can elect to use my account or my credit card to fund the transaction. Any money paid to me is deposited directly into my bank account and any funds sent are deducted from my bank account or added to my credit balance. It is assigned a transaction serial number and added to the account roster.
For over 10 years - I have never had any issues paying with ZELLE - and it may be more than coincidence that I never send money to anyone I have not vetted by reputation here or other places. But that is true no matter how I pay, Zelle, Check, Bank Check, credit card, etc.......
Instead of folks trying to avoid scams because of payment methods, go to the head of the snake and vet the seller first. At that point the payment method is a moot issue.

In my case, I've got a Guy sending me a "personal check" to pay for my Fowler I'am selling. Don't usually deal with checks but he wants my Fowler so I'll take it an put it in the bank.
Don't know this Guy from the Man in the Moon, he doesn't know me either but if he wants to pay me with his check SO, I'll take it, hold it till it clears then ship the Fowler. IMHO, pretty trusting soul so I'll make sure I do him right. Our only conversations were thru PMs.
I do have MY reputation to stand by and I've lived all these years without screwing anybody so no use starting now. NEVER been screwed and never screwed any body else. Not my style. Life is good. ;)

You need to be more concerned with the seller than the payment method. I have used delle for over a decade without an issue. I will NEVER use or accept another USPS payment. I lost both a gun and a payment due to a USPS employee issuing a bad check. The employee after being caught was not fired or forced to pay restitution. He still is a current employee. Your close attention to the person on the other end is your biggest risk. Know the seller and his past record.
Agreed. I would not purchase from a brand new forum member with no track record. He's not necessarily a crook, but neither is he necessarily alright.

paypal is protected, Zelle is not if i am remembering correctly.

USPS money order offers zero protection. Buy from those you see active or have an actual website.
Unfortunately sometimes PayPal prevents your payment going through if they don't agree with what the site is selling

i have used PP many times to buy parts. and to pay a seller for those things we use.
after the episode here on Saturday i am rethinking it.
the seller hacked an account i am pretty sure. went back and read many posts by the listed user name. completely different attitude on the posts from earlier.
my clue was rapid PM's asking if i had paid yet. first one 1 minute after i got the sellers PP information.
soon i got PM's from other members cautioning me about this tool.
to date i have received 6 PM's saying he is going to come pay me a visit.
that's ok. hogs need fed.
OH Yeah, he was adamant with his opinion that i was the product of unwed parents 🥴
My account was hacked a couple weeks ago. Luckily I noticed that "I" had apparently listed a couple of guns for sale that I don't own and wouldn't likely sell if I did. I was able to change my password, report "my" own posts and post up on the threads that I hadn't posted them. Things might have gone differently had I not seen it about a half an hour after "I" posted it.

I like to use a bank cashier's check
You can track it and you have help if someone tries to run a fraud on you.
And guaranteed funds
Yea that is better. I can not see how someone is going to try and scam people that have guns for hobbies. I just don’t understand how some people have primers but the people that I know are liget can’t get them. Anyway just be careful and don’t be too fast to give up your money.

I use PayPal on a regular basis. Never had a problem. Like the protection I have gotten for items not received. Numerous occasions where items where never sent or lost in shipping. Got my money back within a day or two. Also the other way when I sold something the money went right into my account the minute the person sent payment.

Yea that is better. I can not see how someone is going to try and scam people that have guns for hobbies. I just don’t understand how some people have primers but the people that I know are liget can’t get them. Anyway just be careful and don’t be too fast to give up your money.
Well think about it. What better way for gun grabbers to make money while keeping your guns out of service. They know they can't constitutionally take our guns so they will find any method possible to make ours useless in hopes of us selling them off

Or even if you don't.
I never found out why my account was locked then banned. And, it took more than the 90 days to get my money from them.
I know someone that sells delta 9's (like delta but *** with more thc 100% legal) apparently PayPal doesn't agree with that kinda stuff and over the course of a year actually cost them over a million dollars by refusing to allow customers to check out

Latest posts

Back