• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Zachary Royer, blacksmith, tomahawk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brokennock

Cannon
Reaction score
I received my tomahawk from Zachary Royer today. I am overjoyed. It is excellent and exactly what I wanted. His customer service and communication throughout the process is second to none. He truly makes an effort to make sure that what he is making is what the customer has in mind.
Oh, and sharp, very sharp. It is extremely rare that I recieve a cutting tool that I feel is sharp enough. This definitely meets my standards,
20200507_152637.jpg20200507_153224.jpg20200507_155717.jpg20200507_153605.jpg20200507_155549.jpg

Time out!

In bocca al lupo
Crepi il lupo!!!

Language interests me, but I don't speak Italian. Google Translate has its limitations, sometimes with humorous results.

The first of these looks like "in the mouth of the wolf," but Google Translate shows "good luck!" The second quote comes out as "crack the wolf!"

Please explain! Then we can get back to that axe, which is a real beauty.

Thanks!

Notchy Bob

Time out!

Language interests me, but I don't speak Italian. Google Translate has its limitations, sometimes with humorous results.

The first of these looks like "in the mouth of the wolf," but Google Translate shows "good luck!" The second quote comes out as "crack the wolf!"

Please explain! Then we can get back to that axe, which is a real beauty.

Thanks!

Notchy Bob
Notchy,
It’s a Sicilian way of saying Good Luck!!! or Break a leg!!! but the saying for break his legs is completely different!! LOL
In the mouth of the wolf is the well wisher’s line and the recipient’s reply is Crepi il lupo...May he (the wolf) die!!

The simplest explanation is that it is the equivalent of "break a leg." There is a long tradition in many languages/cultures of wishing someone good luck by bidding them what would seem a misfortune.
I'll try to give you a better explanation later when I can actually type on my laptop and sight some other examples.

Latest posts

Back