• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Your unfinished/unstarted rifle or fowler kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTCossack

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm stuck at home and it might be time for me to try my hand at building. I may go ahead and get a kit from Kibler, but I'm also trying to pinch pennies and make sure we have a little cash on hand in these weird times, so I figured I'd try to find a used/started kit first, and ask around to see if anyone has any kits that they aren't going to get around to.

I'd prefer a deer-worthy caliber - .45 to 11 Gauge. Interested in longrifles of almost any school, Fowlers, English Sporting rifles, Fusils, maybe Muskets. Not really interested in percussion, just flintlocks. Not into later Leman and Hawken styles. In a kit I might consider smaller calibers, but mostly looking for .45 caliber - 11 Gauge.

Not looking for TC, CVA, Traditions
Interested in Chambers, Kibler, Track of the Wolf, TVM, Tip Curtis, Pecatonica, Davis, Dunlap, Sitting Fox...

I've never built before so I'd like to find something that has at least some of the inletting done. Not looking for a stock blank and parts yet. I have Dixon's and Buchele's books, but I'm not that ambitious yet. Also not looking for something that already has problems and needs major reworking. I'll be in over my head.

I'm hoping to keep it under $700, but I may pay up to $1000 for a kit that has major work done on it or something like a Chambers or Kibler kit.

If you've got something closer to being finished or that has some major work done on it, I might break $1K, but I'm trying not to spend that much at this point. Show me what you have and we'll discuss it!

I'll consider anything from an untouched precarve kit to a gun in-the-white.

Thanks - stay healthy!

I just got this and after the wait have decided to go in a different direction. I am posting actual pictures sent to me by TVM. The gun is finished in the white; .50 cal. X 38 inch Swamped Barrel; flint lock; double set triggers; standard maple stock. LOP=14”
I have over $1800. Invested in the gun with upgrades. If this fits your needs avoid the long wait and take advantage of my indecision. I will ship to the lower 48 for $1600. FDB6F20E-0B9A-4582-9529-3D26DBD21BF9.jpeg

I just got this and after the wait have decided to go in a different direction. I am posting actual pictures sent to me by TVM. The gun is finished in the white; .50 cal. X 38 inch Swamped Barrel; flint lock; double set triggers; standard maple stock. LOP=14”
I have over $1800. Invested in the gun with upgrades. If this fits your needs avoid the long wait and take advantage of my indecision. I will ship to the lower 48 for $1600. FDB6F20E-0B9A-4582-9529-3D26DBD21BF9.jpeg

Thanks - that's a fair offer and a nice rifle - but it's not my style and it's more than I can pay right now.

Latest posts

Back